Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How is Fisher Customer Service on Warranties?

Ex-Sox

Well, it has been quite a while since I have been able to detect but got to go out today. Sure enjoyed it!! Found 5 solid base 3 ringers (two chewed and 3 drops), a round ball, 1958 Quarter, 1941 Merc, and a 1916 wheat penny! Anyway, about halfway through my hunt I noticed my coil falsing alot. I figured out that I have a bad coil. It would false when I bumped it on something and false when I bumped the armguard to my forearm. I put the small coil on it and it didnt do it so I am assuming the large coil is bad. I have only used the machine a half dozen times since I bought it but I bought it in May of 2011 so I should have warranty left. I am hoping I can just send my coil back and get a replacement so i can still use it during this prime time if just with the small coil. Is this something that they will do for me or will I have to send the whole thing back? Also, if anyone has any suggestions for me to try to make sure the coil is bad I am all ears.

I am a little upset that something so new would mess up like this but I could at least pick out some good targets. Still I wonder what I could have found with the machine working right! Oh well,

I was running the machine as follows:
BP mode with a sensitivity anywhere from 45 to 75 (it falsed everywhere I tried it)
4H tones
Ground balance around 60

Thanks

i had to send my f70 back to them for a coil problem it took a few weeks had no problem since. they will probebly want you to send the whole md to them so they can give it the once over. at least its winter so you wont miss to much detecting time hh

I dont want to send my detector in right now for sure. I am in Arkansas so winter is the time to be out there diggin! The detector is new so it shouldnt need a once over, surely they will understand this. I hate to be that way but, man, that is a lot of money to not have it when I need it most!:veryangry: Detector has been sittin for five months idle, just waiting for this time of year to get out and dig, I guess it got mad at me for puttin it in timeout! Thanks for your reply ez, it is good to know that they will make it right anyway. I left a message for someone there to call me back this afternoon, kinda figured they would have called me today. Maybe tomorrow!

Call them again! You gotta do what you gotta do to be out there swinging. I have had nothing but excellent service with F T. and they are accommodating. HH jim tn

n/t

Thanks Jim, you are right, this is the time to be out there for sure! Most of my spots in the woods are impenetrable anytime but this time of year and I dont need to be without a machine while the weeds are thin. Kinda wish I hadnt sold my other F75 now! I will call them in the morning to see what they can do for me.

First Texas has assisted me on several occasions. Top notch service. If something isn't right, and its a mfg defect, they will take care of it. Are they perfect, no! And neither is any other mfg of detectors. I was/still am a White's owner for 30 yrs. First Texas service is on par with them these days. I repair electronics (computers) so I am, lets say demanding in regards to repairs. First Texas service so far meets my high standards. Mike S is the head of Sales @ First Texas. If he says he will help you, you can rest asssured the issue will be satisfactorily resolved.

Thanks a ton Mike!! I will give you a call tomorrow! I guess that answers my original question, huh? :beers:

I had the exact problem with my 75 coil and Mike Scott took care of it.

You have to pay full retail price one way shipping to them, they take care of the return cost. Which I think isn't totally right, I mean they have corporate account shipping pricing, so instead of them emailing you a shipping label and having you include a money order for $9.00 to cover their actual shipping cost you have to pay $18.00 to $25.00

Mark

I must say, Mike Scott is an awesome individual who truly cares about what he does!!! I have dealt with other brands customer service and even though I have nothing at all negative to say about any of them, I have never had a person go out of his way so quickly to take care of a customer!! I truly am overly pleased and will be back in the bushes in no time! Thanks Mike and Fisher detectors!!!!
:fisher: :cheers:

I'm new here and to md'ing as well and I have the same problem going on with my coil on my new LTD but didn't think or know that was not normal. Thanks for the info and I guess I need to look into getting that took care of.

Update: New coil shipped yesterday with a return label to send my bad one back!! How's that for Customer Service?!!:super:

Yea bronco, I would do as I did and contact them. That falsing on top of all the music the F75 plays you anyway is quite the adventure!!

How did you go about getting it handled Sox? Cause I'm like you, this is the time to be hunting in my neck of the woods.

Give FT a call, they will work with you. Click on the banner at the top of the page to get the number. Great company!

be SURE the coil wire connector is 100% tight. I've had the same thing happen a few times, and the coil was not bad. The connector just wasnt tight. Not saying yours wasnt bad, just saying that if your in the field and it happens again, reach down and make sure that knurled ring is TIGHT. It may save you some huntin time.

Yea, i was sure to check that first. Wiggled the wire at the coil and it went berzerk! Bad coil for sure. Big thunderstorm tonight so tomorrow would be awesome, might have to take the small coil for a spin!

You will get first class service from First Texas!!
I havdeto say from first hand experience that the customer service from First Texas id first class. I purchased a F70 from Kerllyco a few years ago and had problems with it. I emailed Mike Scott and he put me in touch with Felix their customer service rep.I mailed in my machine and it was returned in two weeks later with a new coil and a software upgrade. Just the best customer service that anyone could expect!! My machine runs great now, no problems and I have peace of mind that if I do have another problem that there is a team ready to support my needs. First class team all the way!!