Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How is the analyse Screen working out on Iding the pull tabs, foil,rings. That is what I am interested in. thanks :D: :D:

For me, its working good. I have no trouble reading pull tabs in the mode I use because when I analyze, the red is the highest hump (7.5 hz). When I come to gold, Which I just found a small gold pendant yesterday, It showed up a blue hump on top (22.5 hz). I still dig them just to test the machine but it seems to be correct every time. Just know what colors you have for the different frequency's and remember them because they can be changed.

I have only been working the V in a couple spots since I got it. I haven't found a ring with it yet but it's a matter of time. I find a variety of tabs. Besides the older pull tabs, the newer square tabs are now in an assortment of color and shapes.

I'm still digging them all and finding the readings to be on. (I don't begin to believe that the tech is quite close enough to trust 100% of the time though.) In air tests with my wife's rings it seems to be accurate though. Guess it is going to be a collective opinion on that one! Old dog-new tricks issue with me for the next while.

now that I'm sure if you bring just one more in the house that somebody will have to give up their bed and sleep outside :rofl:

Just kiddin ole buddy ... I'd bet a million bucks that you'd love this new machine, I hear it can be tweaked on endlessly :thumbup:

I might just have to put my hands on one soon and see IF and or how well it'll hunt in some of this real nasty hot dirt I like to dig in.

Kind of gotten used to running PI machines now though, seems the only thing that will get any real depth in this bad ground.... and that's where most of the relics are, beyond most VLF machines.

Anyway, go ahead and buy one, get her broke in real good and then send her to me for some testing, if I don't like it, I'll be a good boy and send it back to you pretty quick :bouncy:

Give me a ring.

Mike

Dittos Magic, on the analyze screen.
Most pull tabs have been red hump (7.5Hz), nickels and
what little gold I have tested with blue hump. (22.5Hz)

Funny thing, when I asked the wife to borrow some gold,
rings or whatever to lay out on the lawn to test\practice on,
she looked at me like I was from another planet. :blink:
Randy

Haven't you heard?.........Men are from Mars and women are from Venus:please:

Thanks for the report on the Analize screen. I'm getting a new V3 next week. The dealer says the tabs read differnt than a coin or ring. Differnt color and not as pretty of a "hunp" or curve.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Jerry old bud ain't you got this video game on a stick figured out yet? :rofl: My buddy is going to send me one soon to play with so I can see what all the ranting, raving, and confusion is all about. Hope you're doing well.

Bill

Does the pull tab trick work on the Vision? Pinpoint in all metal with the coil flat on the ground right over the target then switch back to discriminate and in a few seconds you will hear a sound like Morse Code or silence. It it's Morse Code dig it. It it's silent then lift the coil about a half-inch or so from the ground and if you hear a short beep - dig it. Tabs will be silent except maybe sometimes the old big ring pulltab.

Bill

That is interesting Bill, I'll have to give that a try. How in the world did you ever think to try something like that?

I picked that up many moons ago but I keep forgetting to relate it to anyone else. It works on Garretts but don't know about other machines or other than concentic coils. I noticed many years ago that when I pinpointed a coin then released the pinpoint button to move the coil and dig the target the detector would emit a Morse Code sound or give a short beep when I started to lift the coil up, especially strong on quarters but would be silent on pulltabs. So hope it works on your machine.

Bill.

I meant to try it today when I was out - just didn't think of it for some reason. Guess I was in the normal routing of swinging & digging.

:rofl:........Not where I hunted yesterday. Nancy and I hunted, (or tried too) and mid 1800's house that was iron infested. Everything was Morse code, and I used the 5.3. Like on Andy's post, I just wasn't in the mood for trash hunting. Maybe today will differ.

Remember folks, The older and Larger Pull Tabs ( not the current one's found on today's Pop & beer can's) will read 22.5 High on the Analyze screen and VDI in the High 40's, but all the heavy set Gold / platinum Rings also read like this, so it's wise to did all High 40's Regardless of what the Analyze screen tells you.

Remember folks,

The older and Larger Pull Tabs ( not the current one's found on today's Pop & beer can's) will read 22.5 High on the Analyze screen and VDI in the High 40's, but all the heavy set Gold / platinum Rings also read like this, so it's wise to did all High 40's Regardless of what the Analyze screen tells you.