Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How is the V3i Relic hunting?

John (Ma)

How is the V3i Relic hunting? Cellar holes, fields, war sites, etc.?

It's the BOSS.......

I am looking for real time in the field, not what it is claimed to do. Thanks

The V3i is a great relic machine. I used the V3i down in Louisiana a year and half ago and was very pleased hunting battlefields and camps with it.

I've had mine well over two years and use it V3i often in farm fields and relic hunting. I prefer the 12x10" SEF for the fields and exploring. The stock coil is fine,I just like the balance of the SEF better. I've done woods and cellar holes many times with it and it is a fine choice IF you take the time to learn how to set it up for your soil and site. The ability to save a program set for specific needs once you are done tweaking saves time in future hunts. It is a tweaker's delight, but not everyone likes to teak. Ya just have to put time in on it and be patient.
HH - Bruce

John (Ma) said:
I am looking for real time in the field, not what it is claimed to do. Thanks

Ive got over 1000 hours with mine. Its the boss....:biggrin: If you check my posts you will see plenty of finds that attest to what this detector is capable of.

There is not a better overall detector for relic hunting.

It locks on to midconductors like no other detector I have used. I was out for 8 hrs with mine today using the 12x15 sef and was searching old logging camps. After a couple hours there we headed to the local school grounds to find some clad. I was rewarded with a spencer bullet, a 1946 dime, and $4.80 in pocket change, $4.25 in quarters.

Howdy John (Ma)---

In my opinion the V3i is a fine relic machine. Withe the D2 coil I have dug Eagle Cuff buttons at 10". On my last relic hunt using the 6X10 coil I dug these 2 Eagle "I" buttons in the 6" range. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thank you, these are the responses I was looking for. I gues my main concern would be tweaking, how much I want to do as a big concern is are you tweaking making it better or tweaking and making it worse? As mentioned above, time and patience. I don't neccessarily want to have to worry about changing and tweaking, as I like to hunt, which my MXT and Tejon allow me to do now. So I guess I have to give it some thought. Thanks again and any other feed back will be appreciated. :cheers:

Real time in the field?

One of several trays of my CW relics, most found with the V3 and V3i right here in Illinois and I don't even consider myself a relic hunter.

As far as tweaking goes, once you have the V3i set for your ground and personal preferences, it pretty much becomes a turn on and go hunting detector like all others. Some people just can't keep their hands off of the adjustments, always trying something and those are the ones who say they don't like the V3i because of all the adjustments. Go figure :shrug:

[attachment 286538 NoCamp.jpg]

Howdy John (Ma) --

Larry is 100% right about the "tweaking" aspect of the V3i. I have a universal program that depending on sight (ground conditions), goals , time constraints, I may only adjust a couple of the following settings: Disc Edit, any of the 3 three Sensitivities, Filters and Recovery Delay. As Larry said, once you have it set up to your preferences it's pretty much a turn on and go detector. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I love the v3i for relics i had asked the same thing and i will TELL YOU ...ITS THE ONLY MACHINE YOU WILL NEED FOR IT .. THUMBS UP HERE