Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many E-Track users keep an SE or XS for backup?

wade tx

Or does anybody reverse it and have the E-Track for backup? I'm sure this question has been asked before, or is it hard to go from one to the other, being they're so different. Thanks---Wade

I kept my SE for a back up. I like the E-Trac as my main detector because, for me, I get better definition of the targets in the ground.
HH Gary:cool:

I was going to keep my SE for a backup but had to use it the other day when I was applying the protective shield to the ET. I didn't like the SE at all. Everything seemed backwards to what I was doing with the ET and I just flat decided if I need a back up I'll use a beep and dig until the ET gets back or I'll pony up and by and ET for a back up for the ET. I've had the ET since they first came out so that's how long I have been wondering if it would work for me if something went wrong with the ET. Not a good experience for me. The SE is in the classifieds. Jim

I still have my SE because I am too lazy to sell it but I won't use it. I'd use something else for backup because I would get confused by the different numbers etc. I have to stay with one or the other and it will be the ET.

Tejon or SovereignGt for backup... maybe T2 too

J

I was not too impressed with the explorer, so I traded it in on the Etrac. Not sorry, either. I have other machines I consider to be better than the Explorer, IMHO.

Okay Reggie you got my curiousity up, what machine do you consider better than the Explorer but not as good as the Etrac? I see how you think thats the best youve owned.

Ive got them both but only have a little time in on the Etrac.

Thanks much,
Neil

Neil, everyone thinks their machines are the best, and for that owner's personal use, they could be right. Living in S.E. Louisiana, I favor the E-trac, the Nautilus IIBa, the Troy Shadow X5 and the CZ20 (underwater machine). I also have the MXT for loaning to friends who want to hunt, but don't own a detector. The MXT is better for relic hunting than for coin hunting; the Nautilus is better for Relic hunting than coin hunting; the Shadow is, too. The Etrac is the best coin hunter of the bunch, and is no slouch relic hunting from what others write (I test that myself tomorrow); the Nautilus might be the least effective coin hunting, but is probably the best relic hunter because it goes so deep. The CZ20 is heavy, but its dual tone makes it a coin hound on dry land. I prefer these as detectors in my personal arsenal. NOW, Neil, what are your own favorites, and why? :)

They would be the Explorers and Sovs. I mostly ocean beach hunt and those handle the wet salt sand, ID great at depth and get excellent depth. Ive had all the ones youve mentioned and then some (except the Nauty, see no reason to try that one) and found these to be the best for my hunts.

Even though Ive only had my Etrac out on a few hunts, it sure seems to hunt alot like the Explorer so I was curious as to why you thought one was the best and one didnt measure up. Your right about personnel choice, but these two machines are pretty close dont you think?

I bought the Etrac for several reasons: Ive been told its better on low conductors than the Explorers, so that should make it a better jewelry hunter. Several people I trust have told me its better at picking up targets amongst iron. And to just satisfy my curiousity.

I have just the three machines, the SE, Etrac and Sov GT. The Sov is for wading and sometimes I will beach hunt it but primary machine is the Explorer and now I will be concentrating on the Etrac.

Neil

I love both and i know how to use them and have tried and USED all the above before they where kewl.....

The SE is Like a..... USA Muscle Car 69 Camaro cranky out 700 plus HP with Nitrious Oxide valve under the seat.....not for little grand mamas going to wally world to pick up some tulopes....
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=98e48351-08bd-485e-bd9d-9a4d01517446" width="428" height="352" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/>BACK+IN+BLACK+69+CAMARO

The e-trac is more Refined....... Like a Lamborghini..... fast take the curves through the trash like hairpin curves are not even there...

Both will get you there So in my book thier "ALL GOOD" thats why I have upgraded my arsenal with 1-2 deadly punch SE -ETrac
Happy Trails
jimpugh turn up the sound and smell the rubber burn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLEmtAt9AE

I thought about another SE too so I could hunt in ferrous with multi sounds but the ergonomics, slower processor, and pinpoint just can't compare to the E-Trac for me...JMHO...HH

P.S. I figured I'd wait until a new Explorer model would hit the market with an E-Trac speed processor or better along with improved E-Trac ergonomics or better...you just never know with Minelab :)

Coils, batteries,upper rod...less to haul around when you drive for 3 hours to hunt your honey hole.....Price on a used Cherry SE has never been better .....and the ferrous thingy is pretty sweet to boot.......Both are deadly in the hands of an experienced operator....And to answer your question when the price of a used E-trac comes down then it will be my back up and the SE will move into a water proof case...

Happy Trails
jimpugh

P.S. I figured I'd wait until a new Explorer model would hit the market with an E-Trac speed processor or better along with improved E-Trac ergonomics or better

You might have a looooooooong! I'd say the chances of Minelab coming out with another Explorer are very slim to none...I'd be willing to be that they are none...maybe this will help: I don't care what anyone says - you can consider the E-Trac essentially the Explorer III.

Stil got my SE, not got round to selling it yet, strange though same with the two sov's i still got, will get round to it one day:rofl::blush:

This is my E Trac back up. Its a modded SE done by a mate of mine in the UK. When he said he was selling it I just couldnt resist swapping my X-terra 70 for it even though I loved my X70. Its a sovereign main stem with a pro coil on the bottom and a battery pod off of an Excalibur that can be hip mounted in a bag or slung under the handle. Its reasonably lite, especially with the battery pod mounted on a belt and with the pro coil on.
I have it set up virtually the same as my E trac using minimal Iron mask or just the small nails pattern top left. Conduct sounds, full variable tones, and pitch hold or smooth response. We dont watch the screen and numbers or cross hairs preferring to listen to the sounds. Sounds are quicker. The E trac screen is far too slow to respond on numbers alone.
The Explorers are nowhere near as stable and quiet running as the E Trac. I have this SE as a back up but it rarely gets used, lol. I just can't put the E Trac down, we have a love affair going :D

P1000559.jpg

P1000544.jpg

P1000551.jpg

P1000556.jpg

I don't know if you're inquiring about this Jim and why the SE and the ET. But, in case, I had the SE about 2 months before the ET came out. Maybe even more. The SE was stumping me and I was getting frustrated. Got an 8" stealth and it just started to make sense. Then the ET appears. I guess the old saving my few discretionary dollars for a rainy day paid off. I calcualated it was 'raining' and I up and bought the ET. I'll never (hate to say never) go back. Not disagreening it's not deadly in the hands of a good user...but the amount of time it would've taken me to become even 'good' was not for me. I am having success with the ET and the bottom line is it's just more fun to use. Sometimes I go to old hunted out places with the total attitude that I am just going to play and see what I can hear. One time I didn't even take a digging tool with me. After swinging slow and turning 90 and doing it again...I began to hear trash mixed in with the target and combining sound, smat find, and CO/FE numbers I am starting to find more and at the depth it'll pay off down the road. Like I said before, I'd rather use my Garrett ACE 250 until my ET returns from repair, rather than use the SE. If that ever happens I just might have to order another ET. Regards... Jim