Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many of you ride Harleys " Harley Davidsons that is ??

Home-built Softail Bobber:

Ellaville_001_zpsbc093fzh.jpg

Heritage Softail Classic:

FLSTC_005_zpsc4ybr76t.jpg

Nice !!

I may not be qualified to post in this topic . Reason being is , I've got 3 hogs , and can't ride either one because they're all at some level of rebuilding . So technically , I don't ride them at this time . I own an '81 Sturgis , '90 FLHS Police cruiser , and recently picked up a '84 1/2 FXST Softail . I just don't have the time to put them all together . But I'll be working on that thruout the winter . Hopefully I'll have good new's come spring time .

n/t

When I was in the Army mid-60's I had a Harley Scat, a bike most moto fans don't know existed. Got it because they're stone-axe simple with almost nothing to go wrong, and if something did go wrong, you could usually fix it with stuff from the local hardware and auto parts store. An important feature when you're stationed out in the middle of nowhere. Anything that couldn't be bought locally was usually in stock at the nearest Harley dealer (wherever that was) because nearly everything but the frame and engine was appropriated from other Harley models including the Sportster. At 8 horsepower it was too underpowered to be freeway legal, but it would do about 55 flat out and looked big enough to be legal so as a practical matter it could be ridden on the freeway without getting ticketed. The rear suspension had rubber damping which however didn't actually work, so on a rocky trail the rear wheel spent 95% off the time off the ground, a huge disadvantage when trying to go uphill on a rough jeep trail. Because of the cast iron cylinder, it had a tendency to seize up if ridden hard in hot weather, but I'd just suck in the clutch and stop and let it cool down for 20 minutes and then be on my way again, it never caused any damage. https://cdn1.mecum.com/auctions/lv0115/lv0115-200911/images/lv0115-200911_2@2x.jpg?1420826194000

Neat little Haley Dave J. First one of that model I ever saw to be honest....:thumbup: