Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many of you went from a minelab to a V3?

I have both an one is about as good as the other. There is no other machine on the market for general use that wil compete with either the ET or theV3/V3i. They both excell at giving you a signal on a deep target that wil get your attention and they both ID deep or masked targets well... they are on a level above all others... IMO. I would not sell either one.

Julien

I went from White's Spectrum XLT to Minelab Explorer II and now White's V3i. No regrets on any of the machines but I am excited about the increased level of sophistication the V3i brings. The Explorer II forced me to use my tone ID hearing skills more (which is never a bad thing) but the presentation of information on the V3i, both in tone and display analysis, has brought back my interest in more of a scientific nature. As a retired Navy communications engineer, I am quite familiar with O'scopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Time Domain Reflectometers, etc., and I am like a kid in a candy store with the V3i's analysis displays. I need to understand which of the basic settings to learn first and then build off of that.

I found a 1844 Bank of Montreal half cent the other night at 7" with the Etrac, the GF came over to see what I found. She has the new VX3. I had to show her how to ground balance again, as I did I hit a good target at 7 inches.. I dug it and it was a 179x's Large cent. It was about 10 ' away from my coin. Which one is better? The one that you know how to operate, when it comes to top machines.