Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Huge Day!!!! Pocket spills....gotta love them.

BarberDan

This has been a great week of hunting. Earlier this week I found a pocket spill with buffalo's at the park and then today well....let's just say I did a tad bit better. I had just found a 59 Washington about ten minutes before the spill. The spill consisted of 2 Walking Liberties, a Washington, and a Merc!!!! I was pretty darn happy, considering I haven't ever found a silver pocket spill. For my first one to have 2 Walking Liberties is just insane. :crazy: I was super excited. I'm up to 15 silver coins and 2 silver rings for the year....marching towards 100 one swing at a time. Hope you enjoy the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsil_gYqZHQ&list=UUPoXjbzsK_L33b7ERcYAaDw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Great digs!!! Wow! After watching the video I feel like running up to the park for a night hunt! Got me motivated. Great finds man. I found a 4 silver spill weeks ago with 2 Washingtons, and 2 Mercury dimes, but have NEVER found a half! You grab two in one hole! Wow. Just awesome.

Dude....they were the first that I've found! I'm still buzzing off of my silver high. Seems like every time I think I won't ever find something it turns up....I'm thinking that I won't ever find a $30,000 necklace now...lol
ronfin said:
Great digs!!! Wow! After watching the video I feel like running up to the park for a night hunt! Got me motivated. Great finds man. I found a 4 silver spill weeks ago with 2 Washingtons, and 2 Mercury dimes, but have NEVER found a half! You grab two in one hole! Wow. Just awesome.

haha I'm the same way. I thought I'd never find a Barber dime, and now I've found 5 in less than a month at the same park I've been pulling the Mercs out of. Thought I'd NEVER find a SLQ, and just found my first last week. It's weird how you think you'll never find something, and then when you do you think "OK, now I want more!" lol Getting the "Firsts" out of the way is always a great feeling! Congrats again on those halves. They look 'perty! :)

Nice find...those walking liberty halves are the best looking coin ever

Killer hunt! Double Walker spill! It's going to be hard to top that day. Congratulations!

Goes4ever said:
Dan that is a killer spill! Can u post some close up shots?
Here you go...for some reason it wouldn't let me edit my original post.

A BIG Congratulations Dan, wow!! what a hunt, I was doing the happy dance just watching the video. Very nice.

HH - Randy

Wow - that's a killer hunt Dan !
Can you imagine the odds on finding two Walking Liberty Half''s at the same time !

HH --- Mark

Mark I know they are astronomical in my area. I came into the hobby late and the parks have been hit hard. I just got lucky....that's all I can say. It was fun, not sure if I can ever top that....but I'm going to keep on trying. :starwars:

Really really nice. Congrats on the beautiful finds.

The soil where I hunt is really aerated like that too and there are gopher holes all over... Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me! It hadn't crossed my mind, LOL!

Keep it up,
EMS