Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Huge Silver kind of Day... 1898 '0' Morgan

Hi all you shooters, been awhile since I posted, but where I live the weather has very dry, and the soil crazy, and the digging has been hard...so

Today I got out after work for a short hunt and it was a good one:super: I was detecting a yard that I had a hunch has been hit a long time ago because I had only found 1 wheat up until I found one hard to find target, a 1898 'O' Silver Dollar. not too far off the driveway, I get 1-37 type of numbers on my Etrac... which could say a lot of thing, but not what I was expecting. as one who has found a few Half's the last few years, this was one I wanted. but, I had no idea it would come like this.

It was about 6 inches deep, right under a nasty 2 inch root which was kicking my rear........There she was, flopped up with some loose dirt (I put a scratch on her,:ranting:), out of the hole. at first, I was dumb struck.....thinking maybe it was one of those Mexican Peso's or something, that wing sticking up left me clueless...lol, ah DUH! it wasn't until I picked her up did I notice that it was a Silver Dollar, and then I could make out her head, it was a Morgan! I sent the pics to a fellow shooter and he said what was the mint mark. after a bit of ice and Diet Coke, it was clear, that I had found a 1898 'O' Morgan Silver Dollar. what an awesome find, and I thought it might not ever come, but she's mine now. here is a short video and the pics, Thanks for looking, DirtDiga
30rrz1z.jpg

2r23wk0.jpg

I noticed my video was removed form this site... and it seems almost impossible to find out how to really remove the ad's from youtube., so....I'm sorry to hear that, but the pictures says enough, Thanks for looking

Nice find, would love to find a Morgan or heck any silver half!

Oh what a feeling it is! Mine was a 1921 P. And I also put a scratch on her. Mine was right across the cheek. Still love any silver, the beauty and heft is amazing to say the least. Good dig and hope you keep th coming in future hunts!!!!

Nice find buddy. That's one on my bucket list.

Outstanding !!! :beers: