Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunted out parks? No problem! 2nd seat'd this year

ironsight

Haven't been doing much detecting lately. Decided to search a 'pounded out' park between the storms today. The park manager said he sees detectorists there all the time including myself. LOL.
I searched this area of the park a lot in the past but only with my Sharpshooter and Pro Coils..its a corroded nail graveyard. In the past, only found some clad and a few wheats in the area i searched today.
So today i used my NEL Tornado coil, man. sens., deep-off, recovery-on, my pattern which leaves iron open to 35, MTF tones and trash-on.

Most of the coins were at the side of the hole on edge including the seat'd, Indians and most wheats which coupled with all the dense iron and pull tab junk is probably the reason these coins were still there...no clad, oldies only! Most were iffy but all were 2-way good to iffy. This definitely is a sweet area of the park that the Tornado found. As i mentioned in another thread, i always try something different the next go around. It paid off here once more.
Depths: 1853 seat'd 7", Indians 8 & 12", wheats 6 to 11".
The ring and pendant are/were gold plated. By the way, the Rapoo wireless headphones worked flawlessly.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/coins7_2_zpsca807315.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/MiscFinds2_zps111670cf.jpg

Great report! Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on the seated and IH's.

NebTrac

Great looking finds from that pounded out park!:thumbup: Fantastic seated dime! :drool: HH

Outstanding !

That's great finds for heavy metal detecting pressure! One time at Chicago park and I didn't find anything because lot of people metal detecting there. I found Buffalo Nickel and old wheat cents at steep hill and tight sidewalk!

Just picked up that coil and i have a similar park i want to try it on..

Thanks for the details and Grats on your finds!!!

Nice finds. have you tried TTF and smaller coil?......nge

Thanks for the replies.

One sign of a hyper pounded park is finding oldies and no clad.
My detecting sessions typically last around 3 hrs. Once i found a couple wheats in a row and then an Indian, was energized to keep detecting til the batteries died or i couldn't dig no more. I ended up spending the better part of the day there.

That gold plated pendant was the only relatively fresh drop at a couple inches surrounded by deep iron.
When i pulled that ring out of the hole, i seen a glint of gold. Brushed off the dirt from the inner band to reveal 19K. When i got home and cleaned the ring, most of the K's were gone! LOL

nge said:
Nice finds. have you tried TTF and smaller coil?......nge

As i indicated, i searched this particular area a few times in the past with my Sharpshooter and Pro coils only to find a couple wheats and clad. I always use TTF in iron infested areas.

What was different yesterday was using my Tornado coil with Mult Tone Ferrous (MTF) tones. For a larger coil, the Tornado has an uncanny ability to separate closeby targets in addition to detect deeper. I think because it detects deeper, the IDs are more accurate which eliminates iffy small coil walk over IDs for deeper targets. Precision wiggle pointing is the key when using a larger coil in dense junk areas.
No way i would of found those 10+ inch coins with a small coil. Would of walked over them as i apparently did in the past.

nice seated...!!!! Been 20+ yrs since I've dug a seated and the ones I've dug (5) have come from some form of tear out/const. wtg!!!!!!!

Nice! I have only hunted a few parks, I'm mostly a beach guy still, but I did do a 2 hour park hunt in another town with a few members of a local club there and they pound that park pretty regularly. On top of that, there's a lot of trash in the ground there. The E-Trac/Pro Coil worked GREAT there getting me a bunch of deeper coins (nothing before 65 though...) and pulling them from a lot of surrounding junk. Something nice about hunting what others call a "hunted out" area and coming up with keepers.

Sweet Finds. Since I met you in the field by my house I been thinking of ordering those head phones. I just did. We need to get out when I get them and see how well they play with others around

Ironsight haven't seen you around lately and wanted to get together to hunt. For whatever reason this site won't let me PM you and I've apparently lost your number. Issom said you've had some things going on lately that have kept you rather busy. Look me up when you get a chance or maybe you can PM me guess I don't have enough post yet or something.

hunter_46356 said:
Ironsight haven't seen you around lately and wanted to get together to hunt. For whatever reason this site won't let me PM you and I've apparently lost your number. Issom said you've had some things going on lately that have kept you rather busy. Look me up when you get a chance or maybe you can PM me guess I don't have enough post yet or something.

LOL, about time you finally registered here!
Yeah been going through a lot of crap the last few days. Getting out to metal detect has been the last thing on my mind.
I plan on stopping by that infamous old pounded out nail infested Park in your neighborhood this afternoon for a quick hunt if only to get things off my mind.
OK, i'll admit, i pounded that there park once or twice the last couple years. :heh:

LOL. I've actually been a member here for a while , I think I finally made enough post to PM people. Today is booked for me, Graduation open house, then to the funeral home later. I see in my profile I will be allowed to PM members and receive messages so keep in touch. I want to bend your ear about 4TF. Seriously sorry to hear about your recent happenings. Hunter