Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hunting gold jewelry with the orx

jimmy clark

anybody use their orx to hunt gold jewelry, like on athletic fields an such? how does the orx measure up to other detectors you have used for this?

Buddy and I are using the XP ORX .. I set the remote and hide it only detect by sounds / tones Buddy still looking at his remote .. We have found some neat jewelry . He has found a stainless steel ring I have been finding pendants

To find jewelry you got to dig almost everything ..
Those Iron bottle caps at high tone 94 I am starting to hear the click at the end of the sweep

thanks for the reply. I'm been a jewelry an coin hunter for 25 years. water an land. ive used several different detectors over the years. I haven't found anything that can beat my dfx on sports fields an such. I am interested in the orx but it seems a lot of people on the fourm passes it over as a land jewelry hunter an some say because it only has three tones. I just wonder how many tones do they thank it takes to find jewelry. I have used other brands on land. I'm using a multa kruzer along with my dfx an I do just find. anyway thanks for the info. Ill get a orx in the near future. talking about bottle caps, I don't come across a lot of them in my area. here in east texas.

The ORX and DEUS are very light detector .You can remove the remote light as feather .. It hits solid on a target .. I would get the one with the 9.5 HF coil

The ORX should work great for jewelry hunting. Gold still is close to tabs . A five dollar gold coin and my wedding band both read 80 with a high tone . I am sure gold would also show up in the 60s-70s medium tones.

The ORX should work great for jewelry hunting. Gold still is close to tabs . A five dollar gold coin and my wedding band both read 80 with a high tone . I am sure gold would also show up in the 60s-70s medium tones.
vdi numbers is different then anything ive ever used. most gold that I find comes in under the nickle range. the 60 an 70 range on my kruzer is the penny ranges.

I use full tones on the Deus.
I cannot tell it’s a gold ring by the tone, but I know what a mid tone sounds like.
Im sure 3 tones can find gold too.
As for the numbers, we all know it depends on the size of the gold.
Gold can be below a nickel and well above.
Im sure we all have walked over some gold and didn’t dig it, because we were tired of digging trash.
If you’re lookin for gold, or you’re in an area where u think u might find some, u just gota dig all good sounding mids and lows with a XP.
Im sure the ORX will be a fine addition to your Arsenal.
I recently dug these 2 10k rings at a low tide salt beach on Christmas Eve morning with my Deus.
I hope this helps, I was not trying to be sarcastic.
17F8DF8D-B80A-48C7-8D1E-BF976B6537EE.jpeg

0A9A3387-6A72-41BC-B789-FF186D705583.jpeg
A2E4224C-5F7D-4514-95AB-FBAAD47E9945.jpeg

Last edited:
The ORX can work fine for gold jewelry hunting, but it's just like every other detector out there it needs to be understood by the user, and it needs to have the proper settings. On my ORX working at 14.4 kHz, a US nickel coin has a VD I reading of about 64. As we know gold jewelry can run a wide range from thin chains that read down around foil on up through the US nickel and pull-tab range right up to the higher conductive rings that read very similar to a US penny or clad dime. In short, regardless of the detector used, we need to recover all worthy hits, and with the 3-Tone ORX that means all mid and high conductors.

Perhaps the more important ingredient in the mix to finding more jewelry is site selection. Do that and the ORX is quite capable.

Monte

thanks everyone for the input. nice rings bonepicker. I know that hunting jewelry an modern coins in a lot of trash with bottlecaps an can slaw an all that, can be hard for any machine. what I like about the deus an orx is the weight, or I should say the lack of. I'm a 76 year old guy, ready for a light detector.

I dug this 14k white gold in a trashy baseball field using a deus 1, It read mid 60's using my 8khz program

Attachments

• IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 93
the orx & the deus are will both find gold rings but the operator has to understand the machines

I tested a handfull of gold jewelry and you better dig anything starting at 49 thru the 80,s I do like it on the sports fields and parks,

If I am searching for gold jewelry, I pick on the high-use sports fields that mainly entertain soccer games, and then football games. My next pick would be around high-use picnic areas and volleyball game areas.

With the ORX I would user my higher frequency User 6 program, and that is:

** Based on the Coin Deep program.

** Disc. at '7'.
**. Reactivity at '2'.
** Frequency at '31.3' kHz
** Iron Audio Volume is 'Off'
** Coil used: 5X9.5 HF DD

Due to current health limitations I haven't been out with the ORX since October, but this past weekend I did a lot of testing with small toe rings, baby rings and small pendants, then used an assortment of gold chains I have found.

I only had three ladies/men's rings, but I do find a lot of smaller or less-co ductile hold jewelry. On the ORX I recover just about anything with a VDI of '45' or higher.

Looking forward to my move to Utah and a summer of great weather to put the ORX to work with my Tesoro's to go after gold jewelry.

Monte

Last edited:
If I am searching for gold jewelry, I pick on the high-use sports fields that mainly entertain soccer games, and then football games. My next pick would be around high-use picnic areas and volleyball game areas.

With the ORX I would user my higher frequency User 6 program, and that is:

** Based on the Coin Deep program.

** Disc. at '7'.
**. Reactivity at '2'.
** Frequency at '31.3' kHz
** Iron Audio Volume is 'Off'
** Coil used: 5X9.5 HF DD

Due to current health limitations I haven't been out with the ORX since October, but this past weekend I did a lot of testing with small toe rings, baby rings and small pendants, then used an assortment of gold chains I have found.

I only had three ladies/men's rings, but I do find a lot of smaller or less-co ductile hold jewelry. On the ORX I recover just about anything with a VDI of '45' or higher.

Looking forward to my move to Utah and a summer of great weather to put the ORX to work with my Tesoro's to go after gold jewelry.

Monte
Monte------You're a Gypsy with all this moving!---You should have stayed at that nice little place in Vale---or the one in Arlington---or the one in Portland---or------! :)

Monte------You're a Gypsy with all this moving!---You should have stayed at that nice little place in Vale---or the one in Arlington---or the one in Portland---or------! :)
How long have you been at this last place in Clyde, TX?----Seems like you just got there! :)

Monte---How long have you been in this last place in Clyde, TX---what nine months?? ----Seems like you just got there! :)And now you're moving yet again--this time from TX to UT???? ------HUH?? ----You've hardly got your stuff unpacked in TX!----Man at least make the move in the Spring/Summer-----not in the brrrr winter.---No more moves after UT though----that's it!! ----Right?? -----Right???? :)