Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting near reinforced concrete?

bklein

I'm wondering if the EQ is better hunting near reinforced concrete than the CTX. Saw someone with an EQ finding a pocket of targets today near concrete blocks and forgot to ask what he thought.

Yes. I was watching Ralph - who later posted about him finding two rings in that concrete. He has a lot of CTX time. I got to thinking what the method is to finding rings in that environment and whether or not the CTX may be better at it. His targets were largely nails and aluminum nuggets along with the coins and rings. When you get close to some concrete with rebar the CTX will overload. I haven't really spent a lot of time trying to disc that out - does it even work? This area was special as it was a trap for the heavies - like a sluice. So a real good area to test the two detectors. Maybe the CTX target trace would prove its worth - or maybe it wouldn't work well enough to make sense of it all. If you don't know gold rings are there and the ID jumps around I often give up and move on. Dug enough tent stakes/iron at 2 feet down with sand caving in as I dig.