Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting overgrown property

Does the T 2 + have the boost mode? If so, that will give you a little more depth with the coil hovering above the ground. For thick grass, weeds and brush I like Fishers 5x10" coil. It noses through the thick stuff better. And of course, hunting it in the fall after the stuff has died off would make it a little easier, too. Good luck! HH jim tn

If you have permission to hunt these sites take a weed eater with you and clear the areas you want to hunt. I've done this before and I found my first Enfield Bullet near downtown Franklin, TN. Good luck and keep us posted.

We have an old scythe that came with the farm. Quieter than a power weed eater, but a bit wieldy. Correct on the coils I find. I use either the 5” round or the 9x5 Sharpshooter (oblong so you can slide on back and forth rather side to side in tighter areas). You’re going to not get every square inch but anything you can sweep is better than nothing.

I have often mowed & cleared brush on a good site.

Better to take a goat, or two ... It gives milk, meat and cuts the grass. ;) :p
Good recommendations, guys.

I'd probobly wait until fall comes and the weeds die out. Dead brush is easier to cut & clear out.

Might be a lightweight , compact and cordless weed whacker model that would be easy to carry over the shoulder with a sling. Good enough to clear an overgrown area a little at a time perhaps?