Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting the virgin Courthouse lawn with the X-5

cz70pro

I was able to hunt the old courthouse permission for about 6 hours this weekend. The previous times I have been there I hunted with the stock coil but there were so many good signals in the ground that it is was difficult to separate them. The grounds around this courthouse have never been hunted before and as a result you spend more time on the ground than on your feet. A good problem to have! This time I put the Sunray X-5 on the E-Trac and it really did the trick. The signals were literally everywhere and I have hardly scratched the surface at this site. In 6 hours of hunting I found 117 coins including 3 Mercury dimes (1925, 1940 and 1942), 3 Buffaloes (1920, 1925 and a no date), 1943P silver war nickel (rang up 5-17), 17 Wheat pennies, a brooch and a 1956 Tennessee dog tag.

At an earlier hunt in Knoxville, I found a very cool Knoxville Traction Company conductor's button. I had to do some Googling to find out that this was the street trolley car company in Knoxville from 1897 to 1904. Very nice local find!.

Hey CZ! Ever used Smooth audio? With the X-5 it's like using a laser,sounds like it too! It's ALOT easier to know iron chirps from a coin,being as it stretches out the audio MUCH longer on a coin. I've begun to use Smooth on the CTX in dense trash and though it can be a little freaky,it's freaky in a good way. Gotta turn down the phones though or it'll melt your melon.
I HATED Audio 3 on my Explorer2 until I realized how to use it...it's one of those things that some people catch onto but others need the traditional short audio report to feel comfortable. It's a GREAT tool...
It looks like that little devil is paying its dues! Sunray stuff is unbelievable...

floodplaindetector said:
Very cool finds. Do you happen to know when the courthouse was built ?[/quote

Thanks FPD. The drive to North Carolina to get to it has been worth it so far. The current structure is 90 years old. There was an older one on the same site but it burned. It seems they must have bulldozed the block when it burned because all the finds so far have been from the era of the second structure.

IDXMonster said:
Hey CZ! Ever used Smooth audio? With the X-5 it's like using a laser,sounds like it too! It's ALOT easier to know iron chirps from a coin,being as it stretches out the audio MUCH longer on a coin. I've begun to use Smooth on the CTX in dense trash and though it can be a little freaky,it's freaky in a good way. Gotta turn down the phones though or it'll melt your melon.
I HATED Audio 3 on my Explorer2 until I realized how to use it...it's one of those things that some people catch onto but others need the traditional short audio report to feel comfortable. It's a GREAT tool...
It looks like that little devil is paying its dues! Sunray stuff is unbelievable...

Hi IDX. No, I have not tried the smooth response with the X-5 yet. I will definitely give it a go next time. I have tried it in the past with the relic mode but it was pretty strange and I just didn't mesh with it at the time. I need to try and give it a chance. This coil has definitely been paying it dues. Worth every penny. You are right, Sunray products are awesome and I think I may have to get an X-8 in the future after I get my Thunder.

You've got a GREAT spot,obviously. Do what you're comfortable with first to scoop all you can before some busybody screws it up for you. Save that experimenting for later maybe...
"Pretty strange"....:lol: That it is my man,yes it is...:lol:

Nice finds!!

Hey CZ,

You are tearing it up with that coil!

Well done my friend I look forward to your next post.

Sites like that just don't come around that often. Congratulations on an outstanding haul!

diggervance said:
Hey CZ,

You are tearing it up with that coil!

Well done my friend I look forward to your next post.

Thanks Digger. Waiting on some good rain before hitting it again. Starting to get a bit dry and don't want the plugs to brown.