Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I’d like to see some more chatter thru the winter

I have watched a lot of videos this past year after recovering from surgery last spring, it killed my year of hunting. I sold my CTX thinking I might go to something lighter, but I never had a problem with the CTX being too heavy. I pondered the idea of other models and even brands but have liked Minelab since back to my Explorer. Common sense will tell you ML is not going to have a 900 dollar detector as an upgrade to a 2500.00 machine and still sell that model. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on my 2nd CTX before in a couple weeks. Like you IDX people can like one detector over another because they find it better for them or there would only be one metal detector, I'm not detector poor and still run my old C$ from time to time and even the old ladys AT Pro. People like different detectors like Ford and Chevys.

A little story about my Father, he was my best hunting buddy ever but passed on in '01. Dad started hunting in 1970 while we were visiting his Brother in Florida. My uncle had hunted for years and found lot's of Spanish silver, we went almost every day for two weeks we were there. When we came home Dad bought a TR detector, we hunted almost every evening after work and took turns running the detector and digging. Dad used that detector for years then I got my first detector and decided it was time for Dad to get an upgrade. For Christmas, we got him a new detector and he took it out on a few hunts along with running it around the back yard. Dad hunted with it until spring and we headed one nice day out to hunt when we both had the evening free, we met and a planned hunting site and started unloading our detectors. We were talking and planning on where to hunt while I was unloading from my car and Dad from his. I looked up and Dad had his old detector, I was surprised and ask what happen to the new one, he said it just didn't work for him and wanted to find stuff. I respected his choice and we hunted, Dad always choice that detector over others.

Rick

Rick , that’s a great story about your dad.
If I’d been lucky enough to have my dad around I’m betting I could have got him detecting too.
We used to fish , hunt , and work together so Detecting would have just been one more venture, and with his knowledge of the area around his home town , it would have been great.
I’ve still got a cast on for two more weeks then start getting back into walking, looking forward to start detecting again, 8 weeks non weight bearing sucks
BT

When you plot CO number as a function of gold ring size (FE12), about 1 in 50 rings fall on the CO axis greater than CO36. Gold rings have to be monsters to register above CO36! BTW on my machine pennies run from CO32 (Mean CO37,CO41) to CO43 depending on composition. Then of course you see them everywhere along the CO axis reflecting various states and background conditions, if you hunt long enough.