Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found 8 but I only have 7

Mark in S.E. IA

Yesterday I was back at the Fairgrounds and I found 8 silver dimes, but after I got home I realized I only had 7 silver coins, I lost one, oops. I always put silver coins in that lil change pocket on the right side of your jeans, that lil pocket that you never use for anything.
I guess I was not looking when I put it in there. Oh well, some clad hunter is going to get a surprise when he thinks he is digging a clad dime and finds a Merc. I also found a crusty 1897 IH and 12 wheat's.

Fri, I'm going back to the fairgrounds and see what else I can find.

I did the same thing last Sunday at the end of the day. I lost a merc but the guy I detected with found it laying by my car. I had emptied my pockets to put the coins in my tin in the car and dropped one.
Great finds at that fairgrounds. nice old site you got there.

Mark in S.E. IA said:
Yesterday I was back at the Fairgrounds and I found 8 silver dimes, but after I got home I realized I only had 7 silver coins, I lost one, oops. I

Very nice haul there Mark. Looks like you have a good spot.

Rich (Utah)

Hey Mark,

Very well done! Looks like a nice honey hole and I wish you continued good luck.

Diggervance

Wow, 7(or :geek: silvers to 12 wheats is one great ratio. Congrats on those silvers.

Had something similar years ago in a vacant big city lot. Barbers everywhere but concentrated only in a couple spots. No Indians just old dimes.
Found out later when i found an old plat map, that vacant lot had a turn of the the Century trolley station on it.

Congrats on the pocket full of silvers.. the real question is how many times has that slippery dime been lost? i screwed up a few years ago ,i found a 1934 half but accidentally left it in my work pants..upon taking my dirty work pants to work to deposit them in the laundry bin i even heard the darn thing hit the parking lot but didnt realize it was from me..it was dark and i heard one of other techs say something about finding a silver coin in the parking lot... still not exactly sure who found it nor do i care, easy come easy go... some of those coins just dont want to be owned....

Excellent !

Go back and find the other silver dime before it escapes back into it's den !:rofl: