Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found a Buick

Larry (IL)

medallion of some sorts plus a lot of junk. The only coin was a very toasted older foreign copper that looks like King George V on the front but unlike Great Britain coins, the date is on the front, an 18 something. It was nice to get out for a couple of hours walking the field but until it is deep plowed, if ever again, my hunting field is yielding diminishing returns. The button under the coin is an old two part civilian coat button.

[attachment 341479 Buick.jpg]

It sounds like today will be ideal to play with my other hobby, building and flying R/C planes. I have had my Christmas present up a couple of times but under less than ideal conditions.

[attachment 341480 001.JPG]

Good hunt even if you didn't find a lot of coins.I like the Buick piece. It'll be interesting to see the foreign coin up close. I didn't know you were into RC planes. Looks like fun.

Sweet bi-plane Larry. Congrats on the fields finds.

It is so nice to hear from you Robbie and thanks for the kudos. I went flying last week when the weather permitted and got to play with a couple of my favorites. Have you been getting any hunting in this year?

Here are a few of my warbirds.

[attachment 341638 pby5a-1.jpg][attachment 341639 Stearman2.jpg][attachment 341640 tiggy.jpg]

You have quite the fleet of planes now Larry. I haven't been detecting yet this year. If the weather is half way decent I'm going to try for Friday and see if I sneak in a couple of hours then. Take care and please tell Nancy I said hello. :thumbup:

Thanks to Matthew's eagle eye last night at the meeting, the toasted coin on the right side of the picture has been ID'd. It turned out to be an 1850's 2 Centimes - Napoleon III French coin. If the coin was in better condition, it would have a value of it's original issue price........ 2 cents :tongue:

[attachment 341661 th1.jpg]

Also the last number on the date was identified last night as a 6. So a coin from 1856, not bad Honey! Congratulations!

Daryl, club president ID'd the 1913 Buick radiator emblem for me on the Whatsit forum. Thanks Daryl.

[attachment 341826 Buick1.jpg][attachment 341827 buick-model-25-1913-10.jpg]