Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found a couple of masked coins

Mark in S.E. IA

Sunday I was doing a 1RSH and found my 100th silver for the year. It was a 1920d Merc, I also found 2 IHP’s 1904 1891.
Later on in the day I was doing a curb in town and found 35d Washington quarter and 5 wheat’s.

Wed I was at a very old parks. I’ve only been there a few times in the past and have managed to find a coin or
2 every time I go there and today was no different. I come across a shallow piece of trash and I could tell that there was something
Deeper beside it so I dug out the piece of trash so I could get a PP on the deeper target and it turned out to be a 1912d Barber dime, that made my day.
A good 15 min’s or so later I come across a shallow nickel. I poked n popped it out, I rechecked the area and there was another shallow nickel about 5” over from the other
Nickel. I get that one out of the ground and rechecked the area and I get another nickel signal between the first 2 nickels but this one is deeper. It turned out to be a
189”4” I think. I’m not really sure on the last number. That’s pretty much the way it goes in this park. Almost every coin I’ve found there was being masked
By something.

Wed might be my last day of MDing for this year because the weather is going to change Fri afternoon. It sounds like winter is coming. oh well, I had a good year.

Don't 'ya just love it when YOU'RE pickin' out the "goodies" everyone else missed?!!
Congrat's, Mark, on a "job well done"!

Iowa Dale

Awesome job of sniffing out the hidden treasures and congrats on your 100 silver season, Mark. Well done!

Congrats on the finds Mark! Making good finds in public places is a real challenge now so
keep that disc as open as you can and go "LOW AND SLOW" :thumbup:

Great hunt Mark!

I am sitting at 94 and I'm in kind of a slump with winter fast approaching.

D.V.

Great job Mark, that is a lot of silver coins and you have gotten a pretty good pile of Indians and old nickels also with the Etrac. Those older Washington quarters don't pop up much anymore either.
Yes, a lot of the silver I pull is partially masked. I don't get too many silver screamers any more as those signals were already pulled at public sites.
The Etrac can hook into coins other detectors miss.

Dave

Some nice finds!

Thanks guys,

I forgot to put it in my first post but that quarter was a locking 12-35. I was thinking IHP but I wasn't sure this area was that old. I checked the hole afterwards and I didn't get any other signal.

Mark-on your first target what made you think there was a deeper target next to the shallow trash? Were there 2 separate signals? You sure are cleaning up over there,I'd love to grab a couple guys and meet up halfway next season to try to LEARN SOMETHING!:crazy: I've had good success this year having met my 75 goal,sitting at 76 but those are all from places I've been before for the most part. This leads me to believe I'm still missing silver coins because of inexperience. We've got some damn good hunters over here in southern WI but I'll take a lesson from anyone I can....
VERY nice work hitting that goal,and as you said...the weather is now shitt.

IDXMonster said:
Mark-on your first target what made you think there was a deeper target next to the shallow trash? Were there 2 separate signals? You sure are cleaning up over there,I'd love to grab a couple guys and meet up halfway next season to try to LEARN SOMETHING!:crazy: I've had good success this year having met my 75 goal,sitting at 76 but those are all from places I've been before for the most part. This leads me to believe I'm still missing silver coins because of inexperience. We've got some damn good hunters over here in southern WI but I'll take a lesson from anyone I can....
VERY nice work hitting that goal,and as you said...the weather is now shitt.

When I first went over the low tone trash target I got a real quick high tone after the low tone but when I turned 90 degrees I just got the low tone. Then I would swing over it the same way I did the first time and would get the low tone an real fast cut off high tone. then I moved off to the side of the trash
target and I would get a high tone here an there. I also could not pin point the high tone target but I had a felling that there was something down deeper and real close to the shallow target. Another thing, I was swing pretty slow at that time too an I was using 4 tones. I do not care for multi tones.

As far as me teaching you how to use the Etrac, I don't know about that, I'm still trying to figure it out, lol But I have no problem getting together with you next summer.

Hello --I'm somewhat new at this but am eager to learn. What do you mean by "1RSH". I'm looking at some of the 1875 maps and they show pictures of churches and large houses on the maps, in addition to black dots. Where can one find a legend that describes the symbols. Thanks!

havnfun said:
Hello --I'm somewhat new at this but am eager to learn. What do you mean by "1RSH". I'm looking at some of the 1875 maps and they show pictures of churches and large houses on the maps, in addition to black dots. Where can one find a legend that describes the symbols. Thanks!

1RSH is, 1 room school house.

On your 1875 map I would say the large houses is a 1 room school house. Are you seeing them about every 2 miles, north/south and east/west. The black dots are farm houses.

Congrats on all the great finds and on digging your 100th Silver for the year - what a great way to end the season !