Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got a BIG haircut today!

This morning was really nice so I decided to go out for a hunt. They were forecasting a big storm to come through but I figured I could get a couple of hours in before it got here. I tried a new park but it was a bust. I think someone brought in a bunch of fill dirt because there were very few signals. I decided to go to the place where I found my Morgan dollar last summer and check it out again. The place is a big rock building that used to be a church but is now a community building. I've been back a few times and didn't find anything interesting besides a few wheats. Right off the bat I found a '35-S wheat and then didn't get anything besides junk for the next hour or so. Even with the 8x6 SEF coil on, it is hard to hunt due to the amount of trash. It was starting to sprinkle a little and I was getting cold. After not finding much, I was ready to head home. I decided to try one last area that I hadn't hit before to see if I could find one last coin before it really started raining. I got a good hit and dug a 1909 wheat. I'm pretty sure I can make out a VDB on the back but it is really crusty so it's hard to tell. Three feet away I found another good target that bounced around 12-46. I dug my hole and isolated it in a clod. I figured it was a silver dime, maybe a quarter and was hoping that it was my first Barber. I popped it out of the clod and when I first saw it, I thought, "Sweet, I found a nice big, old token" because I thought the numbers were too low for it to be a half. I flipped it over and saw it was a Barber half dated 1902. I was so excited because I never figured my first Barber would be a half. I'm sure that I'm the first person to really hit this place because it was only 4" down and wasn't surrounded by junk. I suddenly wasn't cold anymore and felt like detecting all day but it started raining so I had to quit. I came home and rinsed it off with just water. I like leaving the coloration on it. It's worn smooth and has a good sized, pre-existing scratch on the back but it was still fun to find. Sorry for the lousy pictures but you get the idea of what it's like. Thanks for reading.

Nice find Jason! Halves I have found have also been a surprise as I was expecting something, but not a half! Myron called today and said he bought your coil and is sending out. Thanks and Good luck on your new spot! Keep thinking tokes.

Great read Jason and an even bigger Congratulations to ya man! I'm tickled pink for ya! Thanks for the pictures and good job on your first Barber!

NebTrac

Very nice !

AWESOME !

Nice Find! Congratulations!

Those Barber Halfs are just heart stoppers aren't they! :thumbup: