Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I guess the Omega 8500 was just a joke!

Tom Slick

Guess I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Here in the Southwest, if the car's covered in dust and you're tired of waiting for it to rain, best way to make it rain is to just go ahead and wash the car. It'll rain the following day. Works lots better than the old fashioned (but more artful) rain dance.

Need to get all of those new last year car models cleared off the lot to make room for the new ones.

Hey slick looks like you better wait for the 8500 then you would have one good detector in your lineup

That's just it---customers/nobody wants to buy last years models (Omega 8000 & Standard G2)--buyers are waiting for this years models to appear (Omega 8500 & G2+).-----On the other hand---Ft doesn't want to release the Omega 8500 & G2+ until the shelves are cleared of "last years models".-----It's a stand off!-----Wonder how long this will take/go on???
detectingMO said:
Need to get all of those new last year car models cleared off the lot to make room for the new ones.

G2+ has been available for nearly 4 months. They probably don't want to do the side by side thing again with the 8500. Speculating of course. I'd buy a new last year model off the lot if the incentives were large enough.

I said the heck with the 8500 and bought the time tested 8000, Could care less when the 8500 comes out.:twodetecting:

I'd sure like to try the 8500 but I just bought a second Racer. Got tired of waiting!

Dave J. - Just washed the car (bought another detector). 8500 should be out in no time. (raining)

I'd like to try out the 8500, but am in no hurry. I bought my wife a Eurotek Pro with the 5" & 11" factory coils and the NEL Sharpshooter coil, figured that I'll be set when the 8500 comes out as we'll be able to share coils :)

Would have been nice to take the 8500 to Nevada.

detectingMO said:
G2+ has been available for nearly 4 months. They probably don't want to do the side by side thing again with the 8500. Speculating of course. I'd buy a new last year model off the lot if the incentives were large enough.

yes, picked mine up on April 30th.....4 months now and really like the new model....

If the 8500 is being held back due to too many backlogged 8000's then IMHO discounts would be warranted to purge old stock....

regardless, I'm hoping for a fall release.....and maybe Dave J. is alluding to an imminent release....

actually, I think FT should 'stoke the fires' so to speak with a couple reviews from the testers out there....

I'm not sure I'd buy one as I really like my G2+ but some 'Mike Hillis' type detailed reviews just might sway me....I am very curious about the updates to say the least....

Tom Slick said:
Would have been nice to take the 8500 to Nevada.
And I couldn't agree more! I have been waiting and waiting to hear about a projected release date and MSRP, just for that very event.

Note in my Signature below, for quite some time I have had a "to be filled" spot awaiting the Omega 8500. I relay enjoyed the Omega 8000's I had and let a good guy borrow mine before last winter as he was a 'snowbird' and headed south. He liked it so much he talked me out of it [size=small](what are friends for?)[/size] and I was hoping to have an Omega 8500 in my grip for the Nevada ghost town trip.

That "Welcome-to-Hunt Outing," by the way, to work three challenging but productive old RR ghost towns in Eastern Nevada, so far has 23 people committed to attend, representing Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon and Utah participants.. I have my Teknetics 5" DD coil ready in my accessory tote kit and would like to have had an Omega 8500 to put-to-the-test there. The Volume adjustment by segment has really got my attention as I like to hunt many sites with a tone-referenced model and accept all targets, ferrous and non-ferrous. I want to see how the 8500 will do against the models others will be using as some do have an "iron audio volume" control model, such as the Makro Racer and Fisher F19 who I know will be there.

I am heading out probably Wednesday the 2nd or Thursday the 3rd so it doesn't look like my wishes will be answered this time. :(

Monte

lucky you guys are not waiting on the new Tesoro :biggrin: what 3 weeks you been waiting and got ants in the pants :rofl: seriously come on that's nothing !!'

just got rid of my 8000 didn't like it from day dot and it didn't get any better sure it found some good stuff and they work but not for me.

guess that's why there is so many different detectors :biggrin:

if there was only one on the face of the earth and everyone had to use it now that would make for some interesting discussions :biggrin:

AJ

JoeL0 said:
I said the heck with the 8500 and bought the time tested 8000, Could care less when the 8500 comes out.:twodetecting:
I did the same thing. Can't wait for it to get here.

Anyone know what the 8500 will gain vs. the 8000? I'll probably get the G2+ but just curious what the 8500 has to offer, and of course when it will be available.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news---but the Omega warranty isn't transferable.---None of the FT detectors warranties are transferable.------If the price was right, you still got a good deal though---just don't count on FT honoring any warranties other than to the original purchasers.
goldfinder2pro said:
i landed a smoking deal .Omega 8000,11"DD ,4 months old with 4yrs 8months warranty left ,plus headphones and detech 13" -£270 EBAY .

Well if First Texas can confirm that on here i will gladly post a link to british users who think thier 5 yr warranty is transferable .I spoke to Greame at unearthed uk before buying and he said no problem as long as i get original order form/reciept with it .
Over here time and again i see used fishers and teknetics Originally brought from Regtons&Unearthed uk advertised as still having x number of years warranty remaining .
We need clarification on this especially after the response Unearthed gave me