Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I guess the Omega 8500 was just a joke!

I'm very well aware of the spelling/pronunciation factor Pete--was just "funnin" with ya.---Don't take us yanks too serious! ;)-----Yes, you have made a VERY good choice in color (uh--colour) selection----nice---VERY NICE!! :thumbup:-------BTW----FT has been given a wonderful array of color selections/suggestions on this thread!----Wonder what will come of it?? :yikes:
Furious T said:
D&P, I'm certain FT is listening, and taking notice...;) color v colour? There's 2 oceans of difference in spelling, Atlantic on one side and Pacific on the other...in pronunciation, no difference at all. BTW I was thinking of daffodil yellow with lime green stripes...that would be nice:rolleyes:

FT seems to be planting a "forest" of models in three brands. Anybody wanting to buy a detector has to get through this forest before they can even see the relatively few "trees" offered by others. Given an ever growing worldwide detector market, it's probably a pretty good strategy.

Pink might be "hot" in Bolivia - who knows?

It may sound silly but I welcome the Camo pattern of the G2/F19 detectors. Last year one of my farm field sites was also a great goose hunting field. Being how limited my time is, I set out my decoys and detected until I heard or saw geese in the distance. At which time I would set the detector down and pick up the shotgun. As long as I can remember which one I have in my hand I'm all set.....

Del, I've read too many of your posts not to know that you know which way is up. As to colour, I know there are lots and lots of them around, but I dont favour a black control box...black is a medium that absorbs the heat, more than any color, and in the summer when detecting (in the sun), the insides of the control box suffer most in a black one....I sometimes tie a light- colored rag around a black control box to protect the little guys inside it. Has worked so far. Just my obsessive nature, I guess.

We (those of us in the know) are well aware that the color of a detector is the determining factor in a detector being an excellent performer or an also ran. I've had a few that were very good performers until I painted them a different color. Some got better and some got worse. I can tell you for a fact, that detectors don't like to be pink! They seem to do best when painted black, or brown, and I've got a red one that works very well.

Davethejunky said:
JoeL0 said:
I said the heck with the 8500 and bought the time tested 8000, Could care less when the 8500 comes out.:twodetecting:
I did the same thing. Can't wait for it to get here.

Same here. Another car washed, hope you all get your 8500's sooner now.