Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I guess the Omega 8500 was just a joke!

If that's what they told you overseas it very well could be. Depends on your region distributor it appears.

NOTE TO CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.
This warranty may vary in other countries, check with your distributor for details.
Factory warranty follows the channel of distribution.
Warranty does not cover shipping costs.

Well, IF that actually is the case---we are getting "screwed" here in the U.S. as far as warranty policy is concerned.---Paragraph one on the last page of the owners manual under "5-year limited warranty" is self explanatory----(IF) FT detectors have a transferable warranty overseas---they SURELY should here in the U.S. also--FT should change their warranty policy (transferable warranty) for U.S. purchasers also.----I hope for this gentlemans sake that he is correct--but I doubt that is the case.-----IF he is correct----lets get a transferable warranty on FT products here in the U.S. also!!!!!!!
detectingMO said:
If that's what they told you overseas it very well could be. Depends on your region distributor it appears.

NOTE TO CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.
This warranty may vary in other countries, check with your distributor for details.
Factory warranty follows the channel of distribution.
Warranty does not cover shipping costs.

Hey, D&P.

What the distributors and First Texas work out between themselves in terms of warranty is a normal part of the marketing process.

If you think you are getting "screwed" because of a non transferrable US warranty, you'd really hate the way that in Europe you have no right to just automatically take back something you have used and don't like - like you can here in the U.S. with almost all sellers.

Different strokes for different folks.

Ability to momentarily switch from no motion all metal to disc mode if you wanted to by simply pressing and holding the menu button. Same thing if detecting in disc mode, it switches to no motion all metal for as long as you hold button.

Individual volume levels per target segment.

Various new filters to help in really trashy areas and for increased depth

Various new tones

Ability to ID up to 4 targets per pass and an indication showing which segment is most probable

Backlit display with variable brightness

I am confident there are other enhancements too

How about adjustable iron audio? Kinda sounds like a F75 to me, so far anyways. Just sayin'

n/t

triplehooked said:
[size=medium]How about adjustable iron audio? Kinda sounds like a F75 to me, so far anyways. Just sayin'
[/size]Iron Audio: An audio Tone or other response that separates a probable Iron/Ferrous target from a Non-Iron/Non-Ferrous target.

That is the reference I and many have used ever since we had Tone ID introduced on a detector. Example, a 3-Tone programmed detector has "Iron Audio" with the Lower Tone or Pitch for the typical ferrous range, a Medium Tone for targets more conductive that Iron such as Foil, Nickels, Pull Tabs, Screw Caps and, with some makes/models, even Zinc Cents. Then there is a 3rd, High Tone for the higher-conductive targets such as better Copper Cents, Dimes, Quarters and above.

I think some marketing name reference gets lost and is a bit incorrect. I believe what you are referring to as "Iron Audio" is more technically an "Iron Audio Volume or Loudness" adjustment such as found on the Teknetics Euro-Tek Pro and new G2+ and the Fisher F19. Those models allow the operator to adjust the Volume Level of both the Iron range targets and the Non-Iron range targets.

The Omega 8500's advertised design to allow Volume Level Adjustment to each of the Discriminate segments, and I find that much better. You can still adjust all targets in the Iron segment to have their already Low Tone set to just barely be heard, such as a Volume Level of maybe '2'. Then the operator might decide to have all Foil, Pull Tab and Screw Cap segments produce a weaker, yet louder Volume Level, such as maybe a setting of '5.' Then they might adjust the Nickel segment to give off a higher or Louder Volume Level of '7' and all other desired TID 'segments' they might assign a full-Volume Level of '10'.

It will be operator's choice to set the audio Volume Level based upon the particular SEGMENT and not related to a specific Tone. The Tone ID can be selected independent of the Volume Level.

It's not like the F75 as you have more segments and a broader range of Volume Level adjustment to make individually. I am eagerly awaiting the Omega 8500's release and with I have one now to take with me on our upcoming Nevada Ghost Town Hunt outing.

Monte

triplehooked said:
Anyone know what the 8500 will gain vs. the 8000? I'll probably get the G2+ but just curious what the 8500 has to offer, and of course when it will be available.

Some nice features on the 8500:

NOTCH VOLUME – Adjustable Volume Offset by Target Category. Each target category can have its volume adjusted independently. This advanced setting affects the Master Volume setting and functions only in DISCRIMINATION Mode.

I really like the Deep mode. I'd equate the "Fast Filter" the the FA mode on the DST enabled T2 & F75 with the other modes being a permutation of Boost Mode.

DEEP
This allows 4 settings with varying filters that may increase depth under certain
conditions.
D0
.Fast filter. Best for target separation and searching in heavy trash. It is
the least sensitive of the Deep settings.
D1
.Regular filter. Best for general conditions.
D2
.Deep filter plus 60 Hz notch. This is a slower return setting that will
eliminate some EMI. The noise floor will be increased. This mode is best
used in cleaner soils and Sensitivity must be adjusted for proper use.
D3
.Deep filter plus 50 Hz notch. Same as D2, but with a 50 Hz noise filter.

Multiple Target Category System.

This feature is available only in Discrimination Mode. For each target, the Omega 8500 calculates four
independent numerical Target-ID’s on each pass of the coil; one primary
and three secondary. Each one of the Target-ID’s will correlate to a target
category on the LCD. There will be one solid primary category lighting up
and up to three additional secondary target categories. All are different
readings of the same target, with the primary category being the one with
most reliable signal. If the Target-ID’s vary, they will show up as multiple
illuminated categories, and this could indicate the detector is picking up
noise, a faint/weak signal or that the target is irregularly shaped.

I would like to know if they've implemented DST technology in the 8500, if so, that along with the FA and Boost mode might make this a silver slayer!

Monte, you are spot on, as usual! I meant iron audio volume. Thank you for pointing that out. Since I have switched to hunting iron sites I've found that feature to be a big help in reducing audio fatigue.

Cal, great info. on the features, much appreciated. Now all we need is a release date!

...... Anyone?

It's a Joke I tell ya, just a joke! I heard the release date is set for April 1st. :wacko:

n/t

I bet it will be released at the same time as Tesoro's new Tuna Cazarole.

I'LL TAKE ANY COLOR AS LONG AS IT'S PINK WITH BLACK POLKA DOTS!!!!---LOVE that color--uh, I mean colour)! :lmfao:After all this waitin--we deserve it!!---Are you listenin FT? :detecting:
Furious T said:
kt, I dont think it will take that long.....but I'm really excited to see if it will be a new colour.

Yep, nothing screams "We've got our market demographic figured out cold" like a metal detector with a pink camo paint job.

I'm hoping the 8500 comes in a Hello Kitty version.

D&P, I'm certain FT is listening, and taking notice...;) color v colour? There's 2 oceans of difference in spelling, Atlantic on one side and Pacific on the other...in pronunciation, no difference at all. BTW I was thinking of daffodil yellow with lime green stripes...that would be nice:rolleyes: