Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I had enough !

fishers1

I had enough of this. I prepaid for two Equinox's in Oct. and I am going to get my money returned and buy another unit for My son and I. That's a lot of money. And Minelab wants to keep you in the dark well that's not working for me. I have been detecting for over 40 years and have never saw anything like this.

I can understand the frustration,but I would sooner wait it out and get a clean stable unit than something that does not have all the bugs worked out. Minelab units are known for their high degree of quality. I would assume they want to maintain it! Offering a unit with all the bells and whistles they claim it to have,for the price it's offered at,would be well worth the wait as far as I'm concerned. Just my own perspective.

Adios! Remember, it was your dealer that took your money way too early supposedly to "save you a spot in line"...not Minelab. How dealers can justify taking money (so early) on a machine who's release date had not even been officially announced is beyond me. Would you be this upset if your dealer hadn't "required" your money? What if your dealer had just put you on a list without taking your money until the machine arrived? You would probably be (semi)- patiently waiting, yes? Find a new dealer. Good luck!

Dean

So, why not announce it when it's ready instead of months and months ahead and still nothing. Guy put well over $1k that would have at least made money in a money market fund.

I have seen no promises from Minelab as to WHEN the Equinox would be released. There has been a few hopeful dates for a release, but no promised release date from ML I have seen.

As has been posted, It's far more important to me to get a good trouble free unit than one as soon as it gets announced.

I've never ever had a problem with the many ML detector I have owned and I'd like it to stay that way.

fishers1 said:
I had enough of this. I prepaid for two Equinox's in Oct. and I am going to get my money returned and buy another unit for My son and I. That's a lot of money. And Minelab wants to keep you in the dark well that's not working for me. I have been detecting for over 40 years and have never saw anything like this.

stephenscool said:
So, why not announce it when it's ready instead of months and months ahead and still nothing. Guy put well over $1k that would have at least made money in a money market fund.

It's called marketing. Everyone from phone to car manufacturers does it. The guy willingly put his money down because his dealer told him that he had too to preserve his position in line. When he put his money down the dealer had no idea when the product was going to be here (but was taking $ anyway). There was not an official arrival estimate announced until January! He needs to go ask his dealer for interest on his money.

Dean

I agree with Dean in the way that the dealer is at fault. If I had no skin in the game(which I don’t) then the release date would be less critical. The idea that it may have been a pre- Xmas release probably roped people in. I’d rather it be correct and bug free also,as stated. But they jumped out-da-plane WAY too early with this,IMO. Neat idea,neat marketing. Sadly people see something and want it fairly quickly,not Cazador quickly...
People who truly have money wrapped up in a pre-order have an understandable right to be feeling frisky right about now. As long as it’s a beautifully performing machine then a lot will be forgiven.

if something is back ordered the company must contact you in so many day and state, its still not available; do you want your money back, or continue to wait (an answer is given by the buyer.)
This continues after another period of time-I just do not recall if it is 60 days or what.
It is not a situation of the dealer's making; they must go by what the factory says and cannot deliver what is not there.
Usually, your card is not charged until the item is to be shipped by the larger outfits.

You are doing better than me, I cancelled my pre order last month and now get to sit back and watch everyone else patiently wait. I will just buy mine in the fall. That is if they are out by then!

Firstly, the issue that, "it's your fault and the dealers fault for taking the money early" has to stop because it's just spin. The customer were given the perception and even told false information, by the manufacturer, of an early December release date. So the argument that its the dealer/customer is invalid.

Secondly, I can't believe the callousness of late toward fellow members. This is the OP's second post, and is met with hostile memes, scorn and ridicule.

The Nox release is literally changing people's behavior, dividing the community, and causing a huge negative outlook on the people and the hobby in general.

Fishers1, I am also frustrated with this issue. With spring coming, you need to decide which option is best for you and your son. Use your best judgement.

Actually minelab did give a date"Customers who have pre-ordered detectors should thus expect to start receiving them from late January." I have no problem with a detector being delayed but I do have issues with the deafening silence. There have been no product updates in 2018. Seems easy enough to share an updated timeline. I am still excited to get the detector but I don't think I will ever preorder in the future. I think another issue is folks that preordered in Oct are getting a very different detector than they actually ordered. By all accounts a better detector but still different. I also agree that this is mainly a dealer issue.

I don't have a couple thousand posts on here but I fairly read what is posted I learn much .........what I see is people like me pre-ordered and have nothing to show for it. and are pizz-t I maybe wrong but that money is not in minelabs hands but the dealers bank accounts and when they do arrive he will pay minelab order even more machines so we just got to wait be patient and wait a little longer....I expect a lot of flak over this but it is my opinion.....

vlad said:
if something is back ordered the company must contact you in so many day and state, its still not available; do you want your money back, or continue to wait (an answer is given by the buyer.)
This continues after another period of time-I just do not recall if it is 60 days or what.
It is not a situation of the dealer's making; they must go by what the factory says and cannot deliver what is not there.
Usually, your card is not charged until the item is to be shipped by the larger outfits.

My card was charged when I ordered in Sept. But, my guy told me if at any point I changed my mind he would give me a refund. Granted I didn't think it would this long of a wait but IN FOR A PENNY-IN FOR A POUND now. Upside is that bill has already been paid so when they do come in I'll have a little room to order some accessories--if they ever figure out pricing. Like most I can't wait for that knock on the door but I'm with those that say I'd rather have it right -than- right now. And yea, Minelab could've been more vocal as to whats going on. I think its their lack of info thats got everybodys back up. Just my thoughts. Mark

Beyonder said:
Firstly, the issue that, "it's your fault and the dealers fault for taking the money early" has to stop because it's just spin. The customer were given the perception and even told false information, by the manufacturer, of an early December release date. So the argument that its the dealer/customer is invalid.

Secondly, I can't believe the callousness of late toward fellow members. This is the OP's second post, and is met with hostile memes, scorn and ridicule.

The Nox release is literally changing people's behavior, dividing the community, and causing a huge negative outlook on the people and the hobby in general.

Fishers1, I am also frustrated with this issue. With spring coming, you need to decide which option is best for you and your son. Use your best judgement.

Not "spin". It's the truth. The worn out "December "release date thing is spin and you keep spinning it. You are part of the problem. I wasn't being callous. Just giving the facts.

Dean

Beyonder said:

Callousness is born of continual abuse. the OP decided to creat a brand new thread fore the sole purpose of crying. I have no sympathy for crybabies. I have very little sympathy for anything in this world. Ive said it many times already, if you paid a dealer for your "pre-order" thats your fault. If you dont want the detector, cancel your order and go play somewhere else. MOST of us are fine waiting a couple weeks.

Jason in Enid said:

Callousness is born of continual abuse. the OP decided to creat a brand new thread fore the sole purpose of crying. I have no sympathy for crybabies. I have very little sympathy for anything in this world. Ive said it many times already, if you paid a dealer for your "pre-order" thats your fault. If you dont want the detector, cancel your order and go play somewhere else. MOST of us are fine waiting a couple weeks.[/quote

Yep. Well said.

Dean

If you move to another line the one you just got out of will start to move.

Minelab made a mistake promoting this machine too early. I know they hoped to have folks postpone purchases they may have made on other machines and wait for the Equinox. Many got worked up, over excited, impatient, and Minelab not meeting production schedules did nothing to help. Of course probably 25% of the posts are from those who just love stirring up the pot and messing with others.

All that being said I do have hope that Minelab will meet their currently stated schedule.
Switching to another line now may be a mistake.

Even as a Tesoro affectionado I have some interest in this machine. But I'll wait until they are actually in the hands of the community and ACTUAL use reports start coming in. In the mean time have patience.