Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I had enough !

People just get frustrated and need to vent. The thread is most likely to let Minelab know that they have upset some customers by announcing a machine and then almost 6 months later still no solid release date. As i write this i do realize that they are making an announcement friday. One of the biggest things is that this machine is or was supposed to obsolete other machines and who wants to buy anything else for the last 6 months that is going to get obsoleted? Not me. So you have people and a lot of the detecting world on hold because of this tactic by Miinelab. I have talked to a couple of dealers and nothing is moving and what is moving is dirt cheap, there is not much of a market for new machines and used resale is stagnant! Any other machine and you would not be seeing all this resentment , anxiety, stress etc..... Yes some used machines are moving but only at fire sale prices.

So i am responding to the guy that started this thread like this: I sympathize with you and what you feel right now and totally understand i have 2 machines on order as well. But hang on just a bit longer as i think they will start shipping in a week or two. Whatever you do good luck in your future detecting!

Gosh, I paid my money and someday will have a lovely surprise delivery. Until then I have a wealth of options to hunt with. I never expected (though I hoped for) an earlier delivery. If I didn't have other machines, I'd not have pre-ordered. I've seen other manufacturers take YEARS to get the new machine to shipping. Ever software updates could take years to be in hand. We are free to get on or off the merry-go-round where ever we like. Its not Minelab causing the furor here, its customers with unrealistic expectations. IMHO

I think you will see more info on the release of the Equinox as I hear the info will be on Friday on the Minelab info page and be in or hands very soon now. I hope they are correct so we will be satisfied to have them, but many will not be able to use them for a while because of frozen ground. Then we can complain to the weather man and be unhappy that it is taking too long for the warm weather to show up. :argue:

Rick

I can see already there are some great people on here and some trash people to and they know who they are. But like always it is the low end want to be's who get nasty. I am a high end user and try to detect every day. I have been detecting over 40 years and have run into a lot of trash talkers like this in the past. I was really commenting on Minelabs refusal to keep people up dated, in the end its their company . I hope these are worth waiting for.... I do not believe for a second all the hype and vague performance tests. But I have saw a couple good foreign tests to spark my interest. I guess another week isn't going to hurt since its still below freezing here in Central Pa. I hope you all have a great day and find tons of keepers.

People who gave money to dealers and then told everyone they "preordered" are retarded. I said this months ago - if you're "on the wait list with a dealer", all you did was give some guy who sells detectors out of his garage an INTEREST FREE LOAN. This is no one's fault but your own.

A Harsh judge of ordinary folks who want to get into line. You are right about the commercial unwisdom of the arrangement, but a bit hard on ordinary folks who elect to trust sellers.

I put down (unasked) a deposit in order to secure first place in line with a ML dealer. I did it through PayPal and clearly labeled it as a “refundable deposit”. Ain’t I smart. Well, yes, maybe I am, but maybe 35 years of purchasing and subcontracting experience was my guide, along with reasons to have confidence with the person who I was dealing with.

The metal detector business has always had a “hard” edge. $120 of parts in a box, sold for $600 - a tax on hope - hope of treasure. Put that together with a multi-level distribution model with multiple distributors, mom-and-pop dealers and mass marketers all selling the same product - anybody wonder why it’s a jungle out there?

It is all changing rapidly. The brick and mortar dealers are disappearing fast. A bunch of online full-time and part-time guys are around, but mass-market outlets drive the majority of sales.

If you let somebody have your money months in advance, well that was your choice. It’s not like it was going to earn anything in the bank. On the other hand, if you let somebody “ping” your credit card months ago, and you don’t pay off the balance at the end of the month, then you are allowing yourself to be a victim, high interest rates for a promise.

Our school systems don’t teach basic consumer skills.

Minelab didn’t do any of this. Of course, they could have discouraged this behavior on the part of their dealers - they are hard enough to enforce terms on dealers which are in their interest - but I guess they aren’t interested in this particular problem.

Caveat emptor.

Tyber0z said:
People who gave money to dealers and then told everyone they "preordered" are retarded. I said this months ago - if you're "on the wait list with a dealer", all you did was give some guy who sells detectors out of his garage an INTEREST FREE LOAN. This is no one's fault but your own.

Correct on both of your last posts.

It's unfortunate that some members bought in to the spin put out by members with " conspiracy theories" and such and are now coming apart at the seams. Apparently, there are good and not so good dealers out there ( no surprise there). Mine has kept me updated since the Nox was announced. He has never made me pay to " pre-order" any machine including the Nox. Thankfully, the unbearable mental anguish that some seem to be going through while waiting for the Nox to be delivered will end soon.

beegees,
If you would like the name of a very reputable dealer, please feel free to PM me.

Dean

fishers1 said:
I can see already there are some great people on here and some trash people to and they know who they are. But like always it is the low end want to be's who get nasty. I am a high end user and try to detect every day. I have been detecting over 40 years and have run into a lot of trash talkers like this in the past. I was really commenting on Minelabs refusal to keep people up dated, in the end its their company . I hope these are worth waiting for.... I do not believe for a second all the hype and vague performance tests. But I have saw a couple good foreign tests to spark my interest. I guess another week isn't going to hurt since its still below freezing here in Central Pa. I hope you all have a great day and find tons of keepers.

You're a brand new account with two posts to your name, spreading FUD and trying to rile people up. I don't care how long you've been detecting or what you think of the welcome you got here. Have fun with your AT Pro or whatever you buy.

1. Given the anticipation level surrounding the release of this machine, it had better live up to the marketing hype, or the Minelab brand is going to take a serious hit.
And
2. Given that retail sales can be a dog-eat-dog world, still Minelab has done serious damage to the business of other detector makers, AND, more importantly, to a lot of the small detector retailers. Seems like the detecting world has been put on “pause,” waiting for this, the latest and greatest. If this turns out to be just another detector, this whole fiasco won’t soon be forgotten.

Dave you may be right. But on the other hand, it offers a lot so consider the price of the unit....... and performance once its out. It didnt cost you $2500 and IS salt water and raw gold capable. I dont doubt either of those claims. Lets get real..... its going to be compared to the CTX for dirt...... and the Xcal for salt water... and lets not forget the Deus. Is it their equal..... we will see very soon it seems. But realistically, i dont think we will be disappointed at this price.

Glad I waited even though I could have preordered one with PayPal and made no payment till after I received the Equinox.
Good thing I have my updated Deus!

fishers1 said:
I had enough of this. I prepaid for two Equinox's in Oct. and I am going to get my money returned and buy another unit for My son and I. That's a lot of money. And Minelab wants to keep you in the dark well that's not working for me. I have been detecting for over 40 years and have never saw anything like this.
its called fake news.... so you will not spend your money on a Deus

Minelab is building what I am near certain will prove to be an outstanding machine, with outstanding features, at an outstandingly affordable price. The fact that the machines are being sent to buyers roughly a month later than the original estimate provided us when the machine was unveiled at Detectival should -- in the grand scheme of things -- prove to be no more than a minor inconvenience, all things considered. As far as I'm concerned, the additional development/tweaks to the software that were occurring right up to the end, are a GOOD thing. Minelab COULD have released the machine prematurely, just to meet the "soft deadline" they floated (late December), but instead chose to make some last-minute improvements working in conjunction with their field-test team. I, for one, feel that Minelab is being crucified unfairly. To each his own.

Steve

Tyber0z said:
Jason in Enid is consistently correct.

Only in your microscopic mind.

Hurr durr durr, like I give a @#$%& about the opinion of some swamp-dwelling bayou boy.

Affirming my point for me. Too ez !