Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I hate pull tabs!!!!

HickFu

Today I wanted to just hunt for gold jewelry so I disc out everything but 0 - 50 and hunted in only 22.5, I still found a few nickles but pulled about 90 or so pull tabs from 2" to 9"
I did find 1 earring that had a couple charms on it but not worth anything. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and today will be forgotten.

I'd think of it like this. Many fewer pulltabs to dig later, and the jewelry is still there, so the next time you go..you're luck will get better. :)

LOL, Neil... anytime you want to come out and join me I would love the company. The wife comes along to carry my soda and pinpointer ( also to keep me company)

About the only good thing I can think of when I encounter pull tabs is that I know plenty of people have been around to lose things I may find. I use "trash" to hone in my navigation techniques using 4x6 coil. Never can tell what you may find. Found these at two different trashy parks this past weekend. Hang tough, be patient and above all have fun!
ON TO THE NEXT

You have to look at it as numbers game, so many tabs before a gold goodie. Of course the ratio will vary depending on where you hunt but after you find a few gold rings your perspective might change about the tabs. How about this............... you get a gold reward for cleaning the trash out of the ground and the next tab you put in your pouch is one more closer to your good conduct award. :biggrin:

my wife found a VERY large plastic container the shape of a mayonnaise jar,,,, but holds about 3 gallons,,,, I have decided to start COLLECTING pull tabs to fill this jug,,,, it has actually helped my mental status while hunting and finding them,,, now it is a LITTLE easier to take them home,,, and the occasional gold ring really helps out also

grouser said:
my wife found a VERY large plastic container the shape of a mayonnaise jar,,,, but holds about 3 gallons,,,, I have decided to start COLLECTING pull tabs to fill this jug,,,, it has actually helped my mental status while hunting and finding them,,, now it is a LITTLE easier to take them home,,, and the occasional gold ring really helps out also

There are organizations that collect pull tabs for raising money. I think it may be a way for you to "make lemonade from lemons". Here is the link:

http://www.pulltabsforcharity.org/

Neil in West Jersey said:
grouser said:

There are organizations that collect pull tabs for raising money. I think it may be a way for you to "make lemonade from lemons". Here is the link:

http://www.pulltabsforcharity.org/
thanks that s a great thing to do !!!

Last month I was hunting a Local Soccer Field and Got a Solid 22 VDI .........well My first thought was Another Dreaded Pull Tab.......... And to my surprise out pop's a men's Platinum Ring

So it all depends where your hunting at your Parks...........If I was hunting under a Oak tree or near Picnic tables........ I would of not dig a VDI 22

But Active Sports fields, and (large open) grass areas at your parks ......need the Beach rule ..........DIG all Targets.

Try the analyze screen & work with it....it might work for you....as It certainly works for me! You got nothing to lose....except maybe pull tabs.

burlbark said:
I dug 3 gold pulltabs this year.....:detecting:

Yup....that's what makes it easy for me to reconcile! Every time I get those numbers I just think...."OK, do a good pinpoint and get this over with....(Makes the warm and fuzzy with gold hang for a long time!) Gotta say, the tabs aren't as bad as they used to be in some types of areas but some of it has been replaced with the new style. (Can anyone tell me why you'd want to remove the things in the first place?) If it is because you have a fat upper lip.....I'll help make it fatter! (Haw!!!)

One park here I go to probably has about 2 tons of pull tabs in the ground. I guess I need a little 4X6 coil since the 10" just goes crazy when i get around those areas.

Pulltabs can also tell you where people have been... and where people have been is where you need to hunt! A squaretab will usually jump one number higher while a nickel will usually jump one number lower, IMO. However for gold in a field of tabs I'd be watching for a VDI that is consistantly one to a few numbers higher or switch to non-normalized 22.5 or 2.5 and you should be able to tell the different targets... and use the 4x6 coil.

I dig t many tabs but I just cannot leave it alone, I have seen 19th century brass cuff buttons look and sound just just like a tab. I can't tell yo hw many times I have swung, and swung over a tab or piece of aluminum and walk on, only to turn around and go back dig it because really... you just never know until you dig.

Julien

I cannot understand why people pull them off the can and throw them on the ground.... they are not in the way. Maybe they will cut their lip on the can after they pull the tab off then maybe they will stop it. Coors, at one time, had push button tabs. A large one and a small air hole, both just pushed in and were out of the way inside the lid... I am sure fiddle prone people figured ut how to remove them and throw them on the ground.

J

look at tabs as being a recovered target and therefore uping the chance that the NEXT one will be a keeper,,,, law of averages

Well I guess that is good advice. But I guess I will need a 4X6 coil to go over the park where i go because there are way too many signals with the 10" coil.... now I just need to find something to sell for the money to get the coil :(