Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have been waiting all week for this...

Here is what I have been waiting on since last weekend when I dug two half dollars in the same hole, getting to hand them back to little Jonny who lost them as a kid.(he is now 65) He said that his Grandpa gave him a dollar for digging potatoes. He couldn't remember exactly what year or how old he was but they have been lost 55 to 60 years. He was still in shock that he was getting them back after all those years. We were standing on the exact spot that he lost them.

Yes! I like how you did all the detective work on this. One lost quarter turned into two lost halves with a story. Awesome!

Way to go! I'm curious as to how you knew they were his....a friend? Returns like this is what makes this hobby great. Thank you for the post and picture. HH, Nancy

ironman200081 said:
Yes! I like how you did all the detective work on this. One lost quarter turned into two lost halves with a story. Awesome!

Thanks Bryan. To me every lost item has a story. How many times have we said, "if this could only talk"! Well, sometimes they do. LOL

PCJ

Nancy-IL said:
Way to go! I'm curious as to how you knew they were his....a friend? Returns like this is what makes this hobby great. Thank you for the post and picture. HH, Nancy

Nancy,

If you read "Double big silver in the SAME hole", and "Now for "The Rest of the Story" below, you will understand how it all evolved.

PCJ

That’s the side of the hobby people don’t always know about or even less,get to see. People don’t get that most of us aren’t out finding our retirement or mortgage payments. Most do it for the pure sport,at least the “true hunters” do. You took that right to the end and blew that guys mind Joe. Now THAT is something YOU get to remember.

A great story !