Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I haven't posted in awhile or even metal detected - what is wrong with me?

BigTony

Hello all, I haven't posted in a long while or even metal detected. Man I just don't believe myself.
I have detected since 1991 and let stuff go in order to get out and enjoy this crazy hobby.
I have to just go and find anything.....
I down loaded the new NOX software and tried it for 1 and a half hours. I dug more junk and found two wheats cents and clad but it was a fun outing.
In that short time I felt the machine hit harder on deep coins, a good surprise in my area. I had to turn down the sensitivity because I didn't need it. The coins were well worn, probably from the corrosion sitting in wet clay for a long time.
Now I want to try the beach with that software and see what gives. NOX goes deep anyway but hey it's like a new toy.
Best of luck to all out there,
Tony

Hi Tony! How have you been? It's been a bit dry here to hunt but has been raining a bit today. I have been switching off between the SE and the Equinox 600.

Not been out much myself. We live in Cornwall and the place is over very busy, the beaches are packed with staycationists and the traffic is very bad so I shall wait until it gets quieter. The other day a car missed a very tight hairpin bend and went over the cliff and ended up on the beach and landed in a tent that the occupier had just left to go for a paddle, don't think anyone was injured. I had left the beach not long before it happened.

Hi Tony! How have you been? It's been a bit dry here to hunt but has been raining a bit today. I have been switching off between the SE and the Equinox 600.
Hi Ted, I have been ok but really bored - I just have to get moving. Two good machines.....I still have my Exp but it just sits waiting for a good run. Dry here too - you can try after a heavy downpour. That might be good hunting for a short hunt.

Last edited:
Not been out much myself. We live in Cornwall and the place is over very busy, the beaches are packed with staycationists and the traffic is very bad so I shall wait until it gets quieter. The other day a car missed a very tight hairpin bend and went over the cliff and ended up on the beach and landed in a tent that the occupier had just left to go for a paddle, don't think anyone was injured. I had left the beach not long before it happened.
Jan1, beaches here are busy too. I don’t enjoy sitting in traffic for some coins or possible small jewelry item. But I had to get out and pushed through the unpleasant traffic.
Wow, that driver and beach goer were very lucky!

I hit the beach this morning and got just some clad and pull tabs. The sw version 3 with 4khz isn't available in beach modes (can somebody confirm, please), but I did run 4khz in park 2 up near the sand dunes and got a clad quarter. Seems pretty stable. HH

Attachments

• beachcoins.jpg
    beachcoins.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 77
Anyone interested, the hairpin bend is shown on the MerryMoor pub web cam in Mawgan porth, as you will see you only get one chance at it.

I hit the beach this morning and got just some clad and pull tabs. The sw version 3 with 4khz isn't available in beach modes (can somebody confirm, please), but I did run 4khz in park 2 up near the sand dunes and got a clad quarter. Seems pretty stable. HH
Kschae4, no beach is always multi and that’s it. If you try the 4 it’s quiet on the beach but will hit coins and stuff just less noise.
I tried it but prefer the beach modes you want to hear what’s hiding, like gold chains they are very quiet.
Tony

Hello all, I haven't posted in a long while or even metal detected. Man I just don't believe myself.
I have detected since 1991 and let stuff go in order to get out and enjoy this crazy hobby.
I down loaded the new NOX software and tried it for 1 and a half hours. I dug more junk and found two wheats cents and clad but it was a fun outing.
In that short time I felt the machine hit harder on deep coins, a good surprise in my area. I had to turn down the sensitivity because I didn't need it. The coins were well worn, probably from the corrosion sitting in wet clay for a long time.
Now I want to try the beach with that software and see what gives. NOX goes deep anyway but hey it's like a new toy.
Tony
I

Tony
I bought the box 800 new over a year ago and have yet to take it out. Been to busy at work to get out.

I bought the box 800 new over a year ago and have yet to take it out. Been to busy at work to get out.
Texas Ted, I understand that all too well. When I worked I took care of everyone in the family before I made time for myself.
I decided to slip out at lunch time where I worked - even if it was for clad. That helped somewhat.
Good luck when you get out.
Tony