Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just got my Vision today

digitrich

This looks like fun, any quick advice would be helpful. I am currently printing out the manual, hoping I don't run out of ink at page 46:rofl: Can't wait to see Jeff Foster's book, that will help I am sure. What kind of recovery speed are you guys running, 80 is a paint dry joke, I am sure it has a purpose, but I doubt I am going to start off there. Any suggestions?

The stock programs are good. I had to adjust the Salt/Beach ALL METAL setting from 50 up to 70 so that it would pinpoint better. I spent an hour on the phone with Jimmy Sierra to get that worked out.

Jerry

I want to get the vision, BUT 1 hour to adjust the all metal? Sound like it might be tooooo complicated for me? If it takes that l;ong to figure out how to adjust one thing.. what happened?

Sorry...I had other things to work out. I was at my local dealers place and I help him learn some things.

If I went to adjust the all metal..Yes, just a few seconds to do it. BUT we did not know what my problem was. I had to tell Jimmy what was happening at the beach. Had to try a different coil...air test in other programs and...and...and it just took time to go step by step. If you ever helped someone fix a problem on a computer via phone...then you know LOL

Jerry

80 works good for me looking for the deeper coins and I have used down to 30 in heavy trash before starting to lose audio quality, but remember, all adjustments are a trade off, faster recovery speed means less depth and target reliability. Good luck with your V.

I want to know what you think now and later.

J

I think I work to darn much, that's what I think:rant:. Seriously though, I think this is the neatest detector. I think it will take me years to master, in fact years more than the SE. I am absurdly intimidated by all the possibilities and settings. For example: you know when you go over an iffy that doesn't quite say dig. You could turn up the recovery to just recheck that one iffy, and all though at certain speeds the recovery would be impossible to hunt with being set that fast, but for one two inch swing that might be just the ticket. On that same iffy, if the best signal is coming from a specific frequency, one could switch to that sole frequency and see if it doesn't clean up any. AND audio only discrimination,.............. forget about it. The ability to give any VDI number any tone you want, that's something I am planning to wear out. There are things about this detector that we won't even discover for months...... maybe years. I am waiting for my manual and video to come before I really dive in. I am planning to peter putz with it this weekend but I doubt very much that I am going to be doing well right off the bat, as it's all Greek to me:stars: But in this case I don't mind learning a new language.:super:

You will be pleasantly surprised how well the presets work. I use HiPro with very little change and it works great. Do notice it is ALOT more touchy around power lines than the DFX was. Anytime I get anywhere near any wires it goes nonstop crazy.

I just got mine too.
Something neat I found out is took it outside for a Photo shoot for my webpage.
Brought it back in the House and the key pad was glowing. Thought that feature was neat.

I fired up the stock coin/jewelry program and in pinpoint mode it was hitting my wedding band as far as 13"'s in my house with interference! I must admit you hear about it but don't believe it. And to top that the 22.5 FREQ was the longest! ID at that depth was pretty cool.

Pick a windy day when the wind is blowing from you and toward the power lines and it is like they aren't even there. The wind blows the magnetic field. Don't believe me....try it.:thumbup: