Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just had to post this.........

He was a great man, and never let the Hero status go to his head. Many years ago, I was down in the valley driving through some small town, trying to think which one it was, and was stopped at a traffic light when I noticed a Hispanic man slowly walking down the street. People were stepping aside and letting him pass, folks were saying something to him, but I could not hear what was being said. For some reason this stuck in my mind and when I reached the auction, I made mention of what I had seen. It was Roy Benavidez. It was obvious that the people loved him. He is a hero in my eyes, and I feel that he was never really given all that was owed to him. I do not think our government treated him like he should have been treated. They even messed with him on his Social Security Benefits at one time. He was a true American Hero! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

I am sure that he is not the only one and all of you need proper recognition. Some of us know and understand my friend:thumbup:

Everyone down here knew who he was and he was well liked. Our government never treated him correctly until Reagan became president. Regan put a stop to all the trouble that he had gone through. Kelley (Texas) :)

Reading this story makes me hesitate to say to folks who ask me if I was ever overseas in the military, "Sure, I spent a year in Vietnam!"

Loading munitions on aircraft is a far cry from what this man experienced and survived.

It's almost as if I ws in a different war,

CJ