Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just joined all of you tonight with my new CTX 3030 but I have a couple of questions.

I got mine last night and assembled it today I loaded the Exchange2 stuff and it works fine on my desktop later I'll try it on my laptop. Right now I am feeling my way around the control buttons and functions.

Going to load GoneHuntings combine program settings next.

I do have a question, how do I get the correct time on the machine right now it's about 2 hours off it says 7pm something and it's 9:27pm right now, also on Exchange2 what does "UC" in the time zone setting stand for.
Now I got to get out and give her a spin, can't wait, Etrac hammerd sites here we come!!

Next I got to get a camera so I can start posting pics/videos and possiably put my Etracs up for sale with all the coils I got.

Thanks, Tom

UTC means Universal Time Coordinated which is basically the same as Greenwich Mean Time. In the USA, the east coast is -05:00 hrs behind UTC. Set the time zone to UTC -05:00 and your clock should read the correct time.

The time set is in the options menu, page 49 of your manual will walk you right through the process. I'm not sure where the time zone is done on the Xchange2 program UC might stand for Coordinated Universal Time (UTC.

:rofl: No wonder you are lost. The manual is on the CD and is also here: http://www.minelab.com/products/treasure-detectors/ctx-3030?view=downloads

You have to print out your own if you want a hard copy but I just keep it on my Desktop for quick reference.

Tom in the top menu of the CTX you have the "locality" tab. Click on that and the clock function will come up. Just select the correct time zone and your done.

Thanks Larry I just found the manual in Diggers sticky while your were posting and I will probably print it out tomorrow evening. Thanks Jimzilla will find and try that.

Thanks got it set to the right time now and I just got my wireless to connect too so far so good. I think I'm just about ready to give it a try now. Heading to bed, THANKS to all of you for your help made it easy.

Tom

No problem...if u need anything this site is the best for help. I always here too if you need anything.

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
I got mine last night and assembled it today I loaded the Exchange2 stuff and it works fine on my desktop later I'll try it on my laptop. Right now I am feeling my way around the control buttons and functions.

Going to load GoneHuntings combine program settings next.

I do have a question, how do I get the correct time on the machine right now it's about 2 hours off it says 7pm something and it's 9:27pm right now, also on Exchange2 what does "UC" in the time zone setting stand for.
Now I got to get out and give her a spin, can't wait, Etrac hammerd sites here we come!!

Next I got to get a camera so I can start posting pics/videos and possiably put my Etracs up for sale with all the coils I got.

Thanks, Tom
Good luck Tom you will be wanting to change your user name to CtxTom before long..:thumbup:

Yes how can I do that name change GoneHunting and thanks Bart. I did some wheeling and dealing on other machines I had to afford to get one especially after seeing and reading all these great posts on it..

You will have to talk to Admin to get your log-in name changed Tom.