Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Lost my ctx 3030 battery but not the Charger

MEV

Hello everyone Ive just lost my ctx 3030 battery or somebody stole it from me, i just don't know what happened

I have the replaceable cell pack that came with ctx that accepts 8 AA batteries alkaline or rechargeable batteries.

My question is do this rechargeable batteries do i have to charge them with a battery charger thats is not the BC 10 of ctx 3030 before i put them inside the replaceable cell pack or they can be charged with the ctx 3030 battery charger BC 10 ?

MEV,I must think that it is misplaced. Unless someone around you has a CTX,there would be no reason for someone to take it. And if they were going to take it,they would’ve grabbed the whole machine,if the battery was installed on it. Since I don’t know the details, charge the batteries before putting them in the pack as stated already.

Normal rechargable AA’s must only be charged with a charger recommended by the battery manufacturer! Alternatively, you can use regular AA batteries (non-rechargable) in a pinch!

Thanks everyone for your response.

Yes you are wright idx monster , why would some get.the battery, im the only one with.ctx 3030.

What batteries do you recomend me to buy, there are lot of good brands.

IDXMonster said:
MEV,I must think that it is misplaced. Unless someone around you has a CTX,there would be no reason for someone to take it. And if they were going to take it,they would’ve grabbed the whole machine,if the battery was installed on it. Since I don’t know the details, charge the batteries before putting them in the pack as stated already.

People will still anything and its always been that way, at least in a lot of places. I had someone break into my car in Houston in the early 80s to steal a ratty old hockey sweater.

Above advice is correct; recharge your AAs in a charger that is designed to charge them. I recommend Eneloops and a good smart charger.

impossible to charge through the AA pack, it doesnt have the monitoring chip that allows and defines the charge to be applied to the cells.

Tell that to the saps that stole our two Deus control boxes (having NO idea what they were for).-----Along with two CTX's, one Etrac & many other things (a lot of it they could possibly have no use for).----Really cleaned us out--year ago Jan. 24th--that's a date I'll remember.-----Don't minimize what some people will steal---some will rob you of ANYTHING if they get the chance (sad to say)-----Yet another sign of the times I guess.
IDXMonster said:

That is bad news. I would buy another battery. I know that they are expensive, but they are great. I use regular batteries in the pack that came with the CTX. That will get expensive also. Good luck, I hope you find it.

Jim