Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I may have just cracked rhe "mystery" of the Xterra Pro on the beach....

Essentially what I tried to say.
Every electronic device radiates radio frequency Noise. That must be listed with the FCC and it's maximum power output in DB's.
FCC tests those devices and that noise to see if it is in compliance with their standards of interference.
Obviously the electronics in the Pro operate upto 143 KHz
Every one EXCEPT the KNOWN single frequency machine in this bunch, the go-find and its very narrow 7.4-8.2khz. Mmm hmmm, explain why the ONLY "other" single frequency machine in this bunch has such a Narrow range but all the Fbs and Multi Iq SMF machines have such a wide range and the Xterra Pro has that same wide range
And low power output?
"and ACTUALLY a single frequency machine" theres the CORRECT answer.

Every one EXCEPT the KNOWN single frequency machine in this bunch, the go-find and its very narrow 7.4-8.2khz. Mmm hmmm, explain why the ONLY "other" single frequency machine in this bunch has such a Narrow range but all the Fbs and Multi Iq SMF machines have such a wide range and the Xterra Pro has that same wide range

"and ACTUALLY a single frequency machine" theres the CORRECT answer.

Look at this "safety brochure" packed in with a brand new Minelab detector I just received. Look at the frequencies used on the different machine. Look at the Go-find, a single frequency machine, has a very narrow range, look at the Equinox, Vanquish, CTX 2 Multi-iq and an FBS machine, now look at the Xterra Pro. Hmmm, seems ML can baffle us with "8khz" BS, but they can't lie to the Fcc. #Busted
That’s very interesting - sure looks like Xterra Pro had much more in common with FBS machines then Minelab wants to admit - makes sense why invent a new wheel when you already have a pretty good one.

There's a big difference between licensed frequencies and actual operational frequencies.
Show me scope data that proves that any of those machines are operating over 100kHz.
Yes let’s run the equinox in beach mode and then Xterra in Beach and monitor the transmitted frequencies on a scope - this will be a big tell.

The NOX's uses all freq 600 / 700 same as 800 / 900 in Multi
Prob the XT Pro does the same with what freq it has and "8" is the average SO sorta Beach / Multi

The main issue with the XT Pro
NO wireless HP $160 when they come out
NO VX coils
That screw for the arm cup will not stay tight

Besides that a good detector

The main issue with the XT Pro
NO wireless HP $160 when they come out
NO VX coils
That screw for the arm cup will not stay tight

Besides that a good detector
I'm using a wireless headphone setup on the Xterra Pro that was less than $50.
I, too, am waiting for the V8X, and V10X coils. In the meantime, any coil that works on an Equinox will work on the Xterra Pro.
The screw for the arm rest came with blue locktite on it. No issues so far, but I'm looking for a knurled screw so I can easily take the arm rest off and on. That will allow the control handle to be quickly removed to store it, or place it in a backpack, etc.