Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I might have to buy one or two.

Funny you mention that Larry, I used your 'poster' as a desktop background some years ago as a reminder that some of those foil and pull tabs signals I was walking over were actually rings and jewelry.

BTW, is that central piece something you found? If so, what's the story behind that?

Rich

I'm honored you liked my art Rich and yes I found all that is in the picture. I'm not sure which piece is central to you but I just looked up the old posts and it has been 14 years on the 108 diamond bracelet. I put the gold coin in a bezel, wear it 24/7 and Nancy wears the bracelet on special occasions. Many of the older posts are fractured as is the bracelet post, and posts and data older than 11 years don't exist on this server anymore.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?28,432751,432751#msg-432751

Larry (IL) said:
I'm honored you liked my art Rich and yes I found all that is in the picture. I'm not sure which piece is central to you but I just looked up the old posts and it has been 14 years on the 108 diamond bracelet. I put the gold coin in a bezel, wear it 24/7 and Nancy wears the bracelet on special occasions. Many of the older posts are fractured as is the bracelet post, and posts and data older than 11 years don't exist on this server anymore.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?28,432751,432751#msg-432751

Wish the server still had some of that OLD stuff from more than 10-11 years ago. I found a 1909-S VDB Wheatie way back when with my Explorer XS and entered it in the Explorer Forum Find of the Month contest and won. My harddrive crashed not long after that and amongst other things, I lost my photos of that coin. It wouldn't be such a big deal except I sold the coin. :clsoedeyes: A few years ago, going thru some old computer files at work, I found a photo of the front but there wasn't one of the back, with the VDB. Would be great if those files were still available.

Best of luck out there to everyone.

Rich -

Deer season, elk season, pheasant season, quail season, then rain... keeping me from getting out and digging. Did find a copper penny in my change at the C store!

You're not going to believe this................................

I have an extremely pissed wife. We went to the Sheriffs office yesterday to reclaim the ring.. Deputy said it 60 days, not 90 as she was told. After that if not claimed, it's "disposed of". End of story, no recourse.:veryangry:

You've got to be kidding me! I would be talking to the Sheriff/Chief and vent. Someone got a nice ring that's employed with the county/city.
And that's why we don't rely on the authorities to find an owner, [size=large]they won't and don't try.[/size] If you want, you can call and let them know you found "a piece of jewelry".

Years ago I had found a beautiful men's gold ring with diamonds and I called the local police dept. and the guy actually laughed and seems like he said some remark about doubt anyone would claim it. This was a very small town also. After that, we haven't notified the authorities with any jewelry finds. I have called them to come pick up old ammo found that's still intact and they're glad to come pick it up. If there's an inscription or any identification on the jewelry, we do our best to get it to the owner.

quicksilver said:
Don't get discouraged. It's all about location. I pound silver with my mxt nearly Everytime out. But I door knock old houses in old neighborhoods. Guaranteed to make old finds that way. Location, location.

What is your 20 second "elevator speech" you use in order to obtain permission to hunt someone's yard?

Thanks so much!

Nancy-IL said:
You've got to be kidding me! I would be talking to the Sheriff/Chief and vent. Someone got a nice ring that's employed with the county/city.
And that's why we don't rely on the authorities to find an owner, [size=large]they won't and don't try.[/size] If you want, you can call and let them know you found "a piece of jewelry".

Years ago I had found a beautiful men's gold ring with diamonds and I called the local police dept. and the guy actually laughed and seems like he said some remark about doubt anyone would claim it. This was a very small town also. After that, we haven't notified the authorities with any jewelry finds. I have called them to come pick up old ammo found that's still intact and they're glad to come pick it up. If there's an inscription or any identification on the jewelry, we do our best to get it to the owner.

I know the Sheriff and my neighbor works there. You better believe they will hear about it!!

Good! At least they will know what's going on. Doubt you'll get the ring back but at least you can let some steam off. That's terrible if you can't even trust the authorities. Good Luck!

This is where the ring story gets strange!

Had the neighbors over and the wife was talking about the loss of the ring.

I got my phone out and showed her the photos of the ring. She sat there quietly for a bit, then said, "that's my ring!" We thought bs for a second, but she was serious and fully described it along with the stuff with it!!

That's pretty awesome to return the ring. I'm sure it was a little bittersweet though. HH, Nancy

Location, location, location.. Hunt where the old stuff is.. Don't give up.. Might be the detector isn't set up right.... Just some thoughts.
Check your coil..Do some air tests and shallow buries. See if it reads right..