Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I read all of your input and decided I'd get a...

grumpyolman

CZ-21. Just way to many folks having real issues with malfunctioning Excal units and a massive back log of people waiting to get a repaired machine returned. In all fairness, folks said First Texas experienced similar issues right after their reorganization and all. After weighing all the information I have come to the conclusion that the Excal might be a bit 'hotter' machine, all other things being equal, than the CZ-21. Some of the most experienced folks on this forum generally advised that the slight differences in performance were not as important as quality control and customer service. For that part of the equation I think the CZ wins...for now.
Gotta pass the hat to Lynne at Detector Depot. He did a lot of extra checking with the factory and his wholesaler to answer some of my questions. I was determined to support a Findmall sponsor. jim

very good choice!! will you be using the machine in saltwater???

n/t

No plans to use it in the saltwater. Not unless I get to start that trip around the US following the water all the way. Then I just might get hung up in one of those warm water places and stay a week or two and hopefully give the regulars a little run for their money. Can't immagine how wonderful it would be to wade in warm water with hundreds of people who can't wait to lose their nice stuff. I guess the bikinis aren't bad either. Kind of like a fringe benefit. Thanks all....jim

I just picked up a CZ-21 a couple weeks ago for the exact same reasons. Glad to see I'm not the only one to come that conclusion.

Joe

I think you made the right choice, I would love to have a new excal II with a sunray 12 inch.....but I'm going to wait another couple years and hope they get the bugs out of the operation. Hope to see some good pics of the new line up, boat, gear, detectors..........................

Did I see your going to do a trip, My plans early spring 2014, Start in Maine and work the east coast around to the western handle of florida, by summers end. Video, detecting, hooking up with fellow hunters..................If you start before me, let me know, I got a great place from july to late aug.......OC, lots of candy and gold.....but it's Hot, was out there Sunday, 5 hours..... Got a nice ladies gold ring, and the candy is of of all ages, even seen a few with painted on Bathing Suits.............joe

I will be looking forward to seeing how you like it. I have been at the beach for 2 weeks and have decided to get an underwater detector before I come back. I was leaning heavly toward the Excalibur because I know my Sovereign so well but I will have to take a good look at the CZ first. Can you use the CZ-21 as a land machine too?

As for the bikinis... I have gotten pretty much nothing done during this vacation because of these stupid binoculars. That forbidden fruit looks darn good...

J

jbow I agree with you:yikes:

I've heard the Excal is just a water version of the Sovereign. If you already know the language it speaks, that might trump some questions about reliability and customer service. jbow...if I knew the Soveriegn as well as you do, I think I'd chance it and move to the Excal rather than the CZ. Again, some of the helpful pros on here indicated to me that there just isn't that much difference in performance between the two. They do say that the Excal might have a slight edge, but it's slight at best. If you're hot with the Sovereign you'll operate the Excal the same way. jim

jbow said:
Can you use the CZ-21 as a land machine too?

That's where I started learning with my CZ20 before going into the water. I found a couple of silver rings and a junk ring that came in mid-tone within the first couple hours on a school yard. It is heavy swinging out of water; but very usable; just can't do the very trashy areas well with the 8 inch coil, let alone if you have one with the 10.5 inch coil.
tvr

tvr said:
jbow said:
Can you use the CZ-21 as a land machine too?

That's where I started learning with my CZ20 before going into the water. I found a couple of silver rings and a junk ring that came in mid-tone within the first couple hours on a school yard. It is heavy swinging out of water; but very usable; just can't do the very trashy areas well with the 8 inch coil, let alone if you have one with the 10.5 inch coil.
tvr

When I got my cz21 I took it to a friends pasture to get to know it and the very first hole I dug with it was a 1953 dime. A pretty good sign if you ask me.