Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I read this last night, looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.

Dan(NM)

Question from cache mole - "Will Multi IQ obsolete FBS?"

Answer from Minelab Metal Detectors - "A very good question!

We are generally stating that Multi-IQ obsoletes single frequency detectors, not simultaneous multi-frequency detectors. This really has captured market attention! It is quite likely that some people will become EQUINOX supporters, while others will want to keep using their favourite FBS detector (not too dissimilar to GPX vs GPZ).

So the best honest answer to your question right now is:

"Multi-IQ has the future potential to obsolete FBS technology."

For some users, that may be immediate when they buy an EQUINOX. For others it may be with a future product with Multi-IQ, or an enhancement of it.

If you refer to our first TT blog on Multi-IQ technology:
https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1 and look at the timeline diagrams - there were/are several generations of BBS/FBS detectors. We are only at the very beginning for Multi-IQ.

I am excited about the future. I plan on getting the Equinox with hopes that a new type of technology can outperform in some way my CTX at sites I have detected many times. Looking further ahead it will be really interesting to see what they put in to whatever their new flagship model may be.

I brought this YouTube question and answer up in another thread on Nov 24th, and I still feel that Multi-IQ is the future of multi-frequency based on the comments made by Minelab.

Until the Equinox testers are able to speak up and provide some new information, the forums are going to be a little stale.:sleepy: Unless there is some more childish bickering to laugh at.:lol:

I was suspecting this would be the beginning of their next line of detectors. I think it will eventually replace the FBS, at the least I think they will be adding new models with FBS features like a smartfind display, GPS, etc.

Interesting post, Dan.

I agree with you, Jason. I think -- especially after Minelab's response to that question -- that a future "flagship" employing Multi-IQ technology, and with things like 2-D screen, target trace, etc., is a likely bet.

Steve

Yes, very interesting. What I take away is ML's intention to further develop the MIQ tech; possibly over FBS.

Agreed which does open the door that yes the nox may rivial your beloved machine. I am true ctx fan and hope this out performs it. I am 4th on my dealers pre-order list hope to know the answer soon enough.

I don't always see what others do, but if they could make a nice pinpointer with disc and bluetooth into the same headphones. I'd buy that!

I reckon the next machine wil be out in 3 years time , i hope it isn't too expensive . And i dont want GPS or any gizmo's just decent functions that make finding stuff easier .

Tells me we maybe getting a water down version from what was tested.

dewcon4414 said:
Tells me we maybe getting a water down version from what was tested.

Not likely .
The machine is better than many know . Cant wait for mine.

If anything there is only 1 thing i am concerned about but its not performance , its support in the long run . After warranty runs out can repairs be done ? and who by ?
For now i will buy 1 machine instead of 2 . My 2nd machine can stay in the shop till i need it.

Nuke em said:
I reckon the next machine wil be out in 3 years time , i hope it isn't too expensive . And i dont want GPS or any gizmo's just decent functions that make finding stuff easier .

but the GPS is very effective for anyone who field hunts! I have made massive increases in finds from my ghost town site directly because of the GPS mapping feature of the GPS. Apparent random finds were revealed to show a pattern and where to concentrate future hunts and well as what direction those find trends were pointing.

I understand its not a usable feature for all hunts, but I also feel most people never even give it a chance.

every company says theirs is the best :argue: sure they wouldn't say our detector is crap get in line to buy :poke:

so this one is a quattro think I might wait for the top of the line iq might have to wait 15 years :thumbdown:

or might grab a cheap 2nd hand one give it a test.. guaranteed some people will buy and not like it and sell.

or might not worry about it as just the arrogance of obsoletes puts me off because we all know that's NOT true..

AJ

I cant speak to it being better.... but it seems to do what im looking for... privided the machine as tested is the same.

Research Niitek Groundshark. Minelab is one parent. GPR is the other. That is where I believe Minelab is heading. Let me know what you think.

Jason in Enid said:
Nuke em said:

but the GPS is very effective for anyone who field hunts! I have made massive increases in finds from my ghost town site directly because of the GPS mapping feature of the GPS. Apparent random finds were revealed to show a pattern and where to concentrate future hunts and well as what direction those find trends were pointing.

I understand its not a usable feature for all hunts, but I also feel most people never even give it a chance.

Maybe if the machine didn't weigh the same a house then I wouldn't be bothered but it is too heavy for knackered old farts like me LOL.

Dan(NM) said:
Question from cache mole - "Will Multi IQ obsolete FBS?"

Answer from Minelab Metal Detectors - "A very good question!

We are generally stating that Multi-IQ obsoletes single frequency detectors, not simultaneous multi-frequency detectors. This really has captured market attention! It is quite likely that some people will become EQUINOX supporters, while others will want to keep using their favourite FBS detector (not too dissimilar to GPX vs GPZ).

So the best honest answer to your question right now is:

"Multi-IQ has the future potential to obsolete FBS technology."

For some users, that may be immediate when they buy an EQUINOX. For others it may be with a future product with Multi-IQ, or an enhancement of it.

If you refer to our first TT blog on Multi-IQ technology:
https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1 and look at the timeline diagrams - there were/are several generations of BBS/FBS detectors. We are only at the very beginning for Multi-IQ.

Last night I put in my order for an Equinox.
I will see if this is hype or truly an advancement in detecting technology. I am hoping for the latter.
Also, I don't know why they went back to the old system of wrapping the wire around the shaft rather than through it. But that's ok with me.

Personally, I'm glad they went back to an external coil cable. I change coils to suit the hunt that day and its a pain in the ass to have to disassemble the detector every time I want to change my coil. It also makes it harder (and therefor less likely) to give last minute check of the connection before going into the water. This was another reason I love the sunray x-1 probes, it made coil changes so much easier.

Jason in Enid said:
Personally, I'm glad they went back to an external coil cable. I change coils to suit the hunt that day and its a pain in the ass to have to disassemble the detector every time I want to change my coil. It also makes it harder (and therefor less likely) to give last minute check of the connection before going into the water. This was another reason I love the sunray x-1 probes, it made coil changes so much easier.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Why would changing coils be a pain in the ass? Are we talking about a donkey or a Democrat? :lol:
I'm just wary about external wires due to getting snagged. But really, I'm okay with the wrap around system.

Jason in Enid
"but the GPS is very effective for anyone who field hunts! I have made massive increases in finds from my ghost town site directly because of the GPS mapping feature of the GPS. Apparent random finds were revealed to show a pattern and where to concentrate future hunts and well as what direction those find trends were pointing."

I have used that exact process to hunt a ghost town just north of Houston. Had old aerials and old photos, combined them, got the coords for corners of long gone bldgs, input them into the machine, and walked right to them. Also very usable on large parks!