Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I read this last night, looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.

Jason in Enid said:
Nuke em said:
I reckon the next machine wil be out in 3 years time , i hope it isn't too expensive . And i dont want GPS or any gizmo's just decent functions that make finding stuff easier .

but the GPS is very effective for anyone who field hunts! I have made massive increases in finds from my ghost town site directly because of the GPS mapping feature of the GPS. Apparent random finds were revealed to show a pattern and where to concentrate future hunts and well as what direction those find trends were pointing.

I understand its not a usable feature for all hunts, but I also feel most people never even give it a chance.

Dead on! I have used it several times to hunt an old ghost Logging town north of Houston. Dug up old aerials and old photos, including the town layout, then used Google earth to get coords. Input the corners of the old long gone bldgs into the CTX, then walked right to them in the deep woods! Also very helpful in large open parks, pastures, etc. .

looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology

LOL told you so. More accurate ID at depth, there's no way they don't integrate that into future replacements for the eTrac and CTX. Add electronics miniaturization, weight reduction, wireless and next generation Etrac/CTX could be interesting indeed.

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology

LOL told you so. More accurate ID at depth, there's no way they don't integrate that into future replacements for the eTrac and CTX. Add electronics miniaturization, weight reduction, wireless and next generation Etrac/CTX could be interesting indeed.

But what if the improved "more accurate ID at depth" is more about signal processing than frequency used? What if they can update the CTX to this new processing allowing the CTX to suddenly jump ahead in performance?

Nuke em said:
Jason in Enid said:
Nuke em said:
I reckon the next machine wil be out in 3 years time , i hope it isn't too expensive . And i dont want GPS or any gizmo's just decent functions that make finding stuff easier .

but the GPS is very effective for anyone who field hunts! I have made massive increases in finds from my ghost town site directly because of the GPS mapping feature of the GPS. Apparent random finds were revealed to show a pattern and where to concentrate future hunts and well as what direction those find trends were pointing.

I understand its not a usable feature for all hunts, but I also feel most people never even give it a chance.

Maybe if the machine didn't weigh the same a house then I wouldn't be bothered but it is too heavy for knackered old farts like me LOL.

But they wouldnt need to increase weight to add in a GPS feature.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Jason in Enid said:
Personally, I'm glad they went back to an external coil cable. I change coils to suit the hunt that day and its a pain in the ass to have to disassemble the detector every time I want to change my coil. It also makes it harder (and therefor less likely) to give last minute check of the connection before going into the water. This was another reason I love the sunray x-1 probes, it made coil changes so much easier.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Why would changing coils be a pain in the ass? Are we talking about a donkey or a Democrat? :lol:
I'm just wary about external wires due to getting snagged. But really, I'm okay with the wrap around system.

I can understand the worry about wire snag for people who hunt in heavy brush. What I'm talking about is the need to remove the stems, remove the coil, pull out the wire, put on the new coil, fish the cable down through the stem, connect it to the detector (even more awkward with the E-Trac and explorers) then reinstall the stem. With it on the outside, just unscrew, remove the coil, replace coil, screw cable back onto controller, hunt.

Half the people I talk to want it one way [inside] half want it outside:shrug Brush wont be a problem if it is properly wrapped and Velcro secured.
http://www.minelab.com/customer-care/product-notices?article=322500
Laplander

from what I read the FBS is as far as they can take it so seems this (IQ) is what they are going to working on in the future, FBS is as good as it gets if I read the blog right, if not well my bad...

AJ

One word. Cost.
The Equinox is a mid range machine not top end.

No. A new top ender will be out in 2 or 3 years.

laplander said:
I was only referring to the price, hopefully!

No hope. This is Minelab were on about !

"Good News for Nuke em is: the 'next machine that will probably get the IQ treatment will be the Excalibur's - a dive model and perhaps a wader version?

There is still the need to take a fully waterproof detector deeper than 10 feet.

It makes sense to me and would be 'the logical' thing to do?"

pasttom said:
I don't always see what others do, but if they could make a nice pinpointer with disc and bluetooth into the same headphones. I'd buy that!

I know it’s Xmas time and all but jeepers man!...you sure do put in a tall order!:lol: I would like one also please...:)

Des D said:
"Good News for Nuke em is: the 'next machine that will probably get the IQ treatment will be the Excalibur's - a dive model and perhaps a wader version?

There is still the need to take a fully waterproof detector deeper than 10 feet.

It makes sense to me and would be 'the logical' thing to do?"[/quote

Not for me Des. I want a new ET version . can't swim. 10 feet is enough.

Jason in Enid said:
Charles (Upstate NY) said:

But what if the improved "more accurate ID at depth" is more about signal processing than frequency used? What if they can update the CTX to this new processing allowing the CTX to suddenly jump ahead in performance?

Electronics are measured in dog years, its time for the next generation of both machines imo. Lighter, faster, less power hungry electronics AND it could be that the improved ID at depth requires new electronics to achieve it.

Appears the Equinox is just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.

Of course, this is as we would expect. Look at the evolution in the BBS and FBS detectors or the GPX series of gold detectors.

Ideas come up along the way to make it better.

Rich -