Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think i found my first large cent

crow-duck

It is a little larger then a v nickel and you can make out cen on the back.Its not in good shape at all so maybe the size will help.Thanks for looking and any opions will help.
crowduck

LC's are larger than a quarter, and larger than a 2reale, and smaller than a 50 cent peice.....if that helps any......lol
that is in ruff shape all right......too bad you can't get it a little cleaner and a close up of coin (pic)
What type of area did ya find it?....How deep was it?.....Good job what ever it is......:thumbup:

Its old and I found it and its worthless as coin value and maybe I might find his brother.Thanks for the replays.
crowduck

I thought I could see a shield on the front while I was cleaning it.I guess Ill never know but it was cool to find anyway !!!

Congratulations crowduck, it sounds like you just found a 2 cent piece. The two center is just slightly larger than a nickel and the 2 cents is centered on the back. The shield nickel is very close in looks, but the cents on the reverse is at the bottom.

Wish it could have been in better shape but it's still OLD! Must be a Half-Cent like everyone else says. Excellent Finds! Good Luck and HH.:thumbup:

it's a tough find in IL congarts. I have only found 1 half cent and 5-6 2 centers hope the crude comes off so you can make it out. GL & HH Ken

Nice find. Have you decided if ID is more important to you than leaving the coin look old for numismatic value? I wouldn't recommend using Nic-a-lene 99.9% of the time, but I had success using it on a extremely worn nickels and some ancient copper coins that I couldn't get clean any other way or couldn't get a date on. It's amazing how the details start to appear after a few cleanings. I used a worn tooth brush and had to soak some of the really bad coins in the Nic-a-lene. Some of the guys are probably saying no way, but if it looks like a corroded slug and nothing else works it may be something to consider. Let us know how or if you decided to clean it and how it turned out. Gary