Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was not expecting anything spectacular, but boy did I get the shock of a lifetime, another one off my bucket list.

JimmyCT

I had only a couple hours to hunt and figured I'd go mess around at this little grass strip that borders a kiddie play area and the main road. Upon looking at this area, it doesn't look like much to be desired.....
After hitting the Ben Franklin Half (I can now take this one off my bucket list) I knew I had found a small piece of land that has never been detected!! Over the next 20 minutes, I found all the coins pictured. I also found my oldest IH cent too (1864)
I recommend re-evaluating these little places.
Thanks for looking.

Settings:
park1 - Multi
sensitivity - 23
Volume - 24
50 tones
left GB at 0
Recovery - 4
F2-0
very slow swing speed (BBS/FBS slow)

Attachments

• IMG_1865 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1865 - Copy.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1867 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1867 - Copy.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1870 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1870 - Copy.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1872 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1872 - Copy.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1874 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1874 - Copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1876 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1876 - Copy.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1881 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1881 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1888 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1888 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1890 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1890 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
I had only a couple hours to hunt and figured I'd go mess around at this little grass strip that borders a kiddie play area and the main road. Upon looking at this area, it doesn't look like much to be desired.....
After hitting the Ben Franklin Half (I can now take this one off my bucket list) I knew I had found a small piece of land that has never been detected!! Over the next 20 minutes, I found all the coins pictured. I also found my oldest IH cent too (1864)
Thanks for looking.

Settings:
park1 - Multi
sensitivity - 23
Volume - 24
50 tones
left GB at 0
Recovery - 4
F2-0

Congrats Jimmy!!!! Awesome Day!!!!! That Seated is very sweet condition!!!!! That's a GOOD DAY!! Wish yea many more :).

Mike

Beautiful coins Jim.... that Seated dime is killer!!!!
Those are amazing finds you made in that small amount of time from a small area!!!

Thanks for looking.

Settings:
park1 - Multi
sensitivity - 23
Volume - 24
50 tones
left GB at 0
Recovery - 4
F2-0
The 1882 Dime is in XF Condition..! Even all the lines in her skirt are showing wonderfully. You had a killer day. Good Job..! 👍

Hi kschae4,
That Franklin almost blew my headphones off lol The Franklin was a solid 33 in TID and no deeper then 4" -Jim

Congrats...sweet seated and Franklin. Do you recall the tid on the Franklin?

Earthlypotluck, congratulations on thinking out of the box and hitting a home run on that fringe area!
You’ll have to go back soon and pick up some more goodies, cents or nickels.
Tony

All Awesome finds... with exception of the Indian head my 1st impression is that some little kid got into daddy’s coin collection and lost them at the park.. I could totally be wrong... killer hunt,,congrats..

Thanks BHPA.

Actually I have been digging tons of old iron, strips of old wire, iron nails, etc. Definitely must of been an old house site at one time. I can see the multiple depressions where there use to be a row of big old trees. I am actually working on electrolysis for a British Half Penny (produced from 1729-1754) I found last night in this same area I found all the other coins. It is in rough shape and not too far from the other 1700's coins, an 1856 half dime and 1806 half cent I found in the last year.

All Awesome finds... with exception of the Indian head my 1st impression is that some little kid got into daddy’s coin collection and lost them at the park.. I could totally be wrong... killer hunt,,congrats..

Thanks Steve!

That Seated dime is in INCREDIBLE condition!!!

EXCELLENT job picking out that little grassy area...DEFINITELY looks like it was "missed!"

Steve