Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I went and Did IT!!! I'm a E-Trac-er

Philo_NY

Hi All

Some of you know me, and some of you do not. I just received my E-Trac yesterday.... Hope to post some finds soon...

Philo_NY

Philo, Listen very carefully as this is the best advise you are ever going to get about your new E-trac. Leave it in the box for at least two weeks and take your wife shopping everyday and out to dinner every night. Then she may be a little more understanding about you not being home til after dark the rest of the summer. That is what the damned thing will cause once you get started. ENJOY and HH Dave

Dave

I know what you mean, and it all started with the XS 12 years ago. I fortunate enough to have an understanding wife, because she knows if she needs me, it nothing for me to stop, go help, and return to my hunt. I went out out Tuseday, and I was a little overwhelmed by the tones and numbers, so I have a bit to go in understanding the new beast... Thanks again...

Philo NY

Some people will say I'm wrong and I am sure they would be right but for my hunting sites which are old farms 95% of the time I have run in nothing but TTF since about the third time out. Did run in multi conductive in a few modern parks but never spent the time in that mode to catch on to it and the sites that I hunt I could not imagine the song it would sing if I ran it that way. Am sure there are a million situations for it but I like High Low of TTF. Just my comfort talking

Good luck with your new machine ! :detecting:

I think your going to be a very impressed shooter once you have had it a few months, the Etrac continues to impress me still, after a year and a half, its a Silver Slayer.

I know what you mean about the tones being overwhelming at first!!! The first few times out with it, honestly I didn't like it. Once you learn the tones, it is a beast!!! To start, I only listed for the high tones that would repeat at 90 degrees. After a while, you start to learn what tones are good, and what tones are just falsing etc... Once you get dialed in to the machine, you will love it!!

I am in the same boat as you today was my 2 nd time out with mine did get 2 silvers 4 wheats and clad i agree the etrack is a loud machine lots of tones all over

Goodluck and have fun. I never realised how good beeping was till I took the Trac out! :thumbup:
Cheers
Doc