Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I wonder how many people here..

Rick-----Nothing in the world wrong in doing what you stated (staying with your Etrac & Excal.)---I've owned/used them both & IMO, they are both SUPER detectors for their intended usage.-----Besides that, there will be CTX's out there new & probably a few "used" (with the Minelabs transferable warranty) if you decide you want to pick one up later.---I joked about none (used) will come up for sale but a few are bound to (later) for various reasons by the sellers--it happens every time ANY detector "comes to market".----------Del
tippyhound said:
I'm not knocking this new CTX 3030 (Don't know enough about it.). I just want to say I'll be the first to admit I'm a poor people. I sold about everything I hunted with to buy the E-Trac, and If I sold everything I now have I couldn't come up with the bucks for the CTX 3030, Besides I like my E-trac and am doing just fine with it. It won't float but I have a Excal. for that and I own a GPS hand held to track my way points. So I think I'll stay with the old school if you can call it that for a while longer. Rick IL

MHirschmann said:
I've spent plenty of time on the Ferrari forums complaining that my trunk on my F-430 isn't big enough to house my CTX without removing the lower rod. At least I don't think it will. Guess I will have to wait and see. Oh the problems we have in life...HH -Marc

This is the best post of the day. Love it!!!!

I have been a Minelab nut from the early days (about 30 years back) but have a gut feeling that this is not going to be a flagship machine we all hoped for.

Once the dust has settled lets see what happens, its certainly not what we the punters asked for as its a heavy lump with extras that are not really needed.

Its not completely cordless as is a certain other now well proven machine which has been available for over 2 years and which is half the weight of the 3030.

This is the first Minelab that my friend and I will not be stood at the shop doorway with the cash in hand to purchase on the day of issue.

Certainly there are many other punters who feel the same way as I do across the big pond and are sorry that Codan did not listen to our voices over the last couple of years.

Certainly at this moment in time other manufacurers have nothing to fear with regards loss of their share of the market. ;) Jerry.

Time will tell. Minelab has always gave me a top of the line product for the type of hunting I do and looks like another is coming my way. JMHO! HH :minelab:

I have been a loyal Ferrari fan for going on 13 years now. I love my Ferrari except it is too heavy. The last couple of models have been, IMHO, marginal upgrades at best, so that sort of gets me too. For 13 years I have heard that weight is the big factor that needs to be addressed... we all waited for the shiny fast looking new model that could address the weight problem. I am speechless...

Will I own one? Time will tell. I will wait until I see what is coming out of the ground. Do I want one? Of course I want one, they look cool and it sounds like they work better than the previous model. I should have italicized "sounds like". Will I be happy that it is heavier than my old ride? No. Do I need GPS and Mapping? No. Maybe they will make a 3030-Lite that is just a detector that costs less but still weighs more, haha, I am really crying...

I have been forced to make a rat rod out of my Ferrari in order to get close to what folks have wanted for 13 years!

Motor On - Robin (MI)

Ive done well in the water this year Bob.... but the wife is getting tired of me thinking everything found goes toward the hobby. Believe me i know the wheeling and dealing of getting another detector.... but i also know IF MOMA AINT HAPPY NO ONE IS. Guv you caught that class warfare did ya lol? I think my big concerns is having it underwater for extended periods of time and the constant on and off or the battery pack.... i mean 4 to 6 hours. I put a lot of hours in the water and im not certain it is intended as a water machine. Ive went thru 2 coil covers and now ive got a cracked coil on the Xcal thats in 9 months time. Dont know if id sell that CZ quit yet Bob.

Dew