Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Identifying multiple targets simultaneously... Responses no longer allowed. If you have comments concerning multiple targets, please make a new post

BB, that is a very fair statement. Until I saw it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed the amount of "stuff" that is hiding under the ground. The CTX 3030's ability to sort, separate and identify multiple targets under the coil simultaneously is nothing short of amazing. For those who take the time to learn how to coordinate both visual and audio target response, the CTX 3030 will allow them to identify "keeper targets" that have been previously "undetectable". Controlling the coil is far important than speed. HH Randy

Your last statement Digger sums it all up for me. I've been away on vacation so I have a lot of reading to catch up on here!! It really sounds to me like this will be the perfect detector in most situations for me. The only thing minelab has to work out now is how to distinguish aluminum from silver and pulltab from gold:rofl: Thank you Digger for being so patient in answering these questions and I'm sure I may have a few of my own. I will try to read as much as possible because I am sure most questions have been asked/answered.

Digger said:
Recovery speed is not an issue when you can see all the targets at once. It now becomes a matter of target separation, which is a learned skill implementing a combination of audio and visual recognition, not a functionality of the detector. I suppose if you relied strictly on the audio response, you'll not likely hear a substantial improvement on the recovery speed between targets. But with having more than one tool in the toolbox, why not use those that give the best results? HH Randy

Hang on a moment - surely the machine has got to recover from one target to the next regardless of HOW it's presented. Because if what I've read in this post is correct, your telling me this machine can see and display "every" target under the coil at any one time?

Read this topic from the beginning and look for any Digger posts with pictures attached, you'll see the targets on his screen.

HH
BB

Your missing the point - my question concerns recovery speed - based on what's been claimed if I have 10 targets in a single sweep the screen is going to be cluttered - yes or no? - if yes surely something has got to give - if no which targets does the machine decide not to show?

Nope not missing your point, see this post by Randy.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1702492,1702492#msg-1702492

If you are going to swing it like a golf club then yes you could see a lot of targets.

HH
BB

BarnacleBill said:
Nope not missing your point, see this post by Randy.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1702492,1702492#msg-1702492

If you are going to swing it like a golf club then yes you could see a lot of targets.

HH
BB

Could we see a photo of the same targets buried at 6"- would the screen show smaller/sharper blurs or not?

back to the matchbox test as we now know it , is it only iron i.e a nail that this will work with or will it work with other metals like a pull-tab or screw cap and still see the quarter at the right ID numbers and tone or will the tab or cap block out the coin altogether or skew the numbers or tones ?

thanks to anyone who can help with this question.

BP

wheres the test garden with the multiple targets and shown in graphic detail?
if ML are so clever whers the video proof
thanks in anticipation

I think.....and may be wrong.....but what EXPII is asking....is what is the 'threshold limit' on the number of targets the CTX can accurately see under the coil at one time. I would assume there has to be a limit at some point. Also, if the coil is not to be swept like a 'golf club'.....how slow a coil sweep does one have use in order for the Trace function to work properly? Does one need to be in a perpetual state of 'minlelab wiggle' when multiple targets are under the coil. To put it bluntly...does one have to detect at a crawl in trashy areas for Trace to work properly?
Also a question for Digger....is the audio response interpretation critical to Trace functioning on multiple target interpretatation.....or can Trace solely on its own give the user the correct dig/not dig info?

TerraDigger said:
I think.....and may be wrong.....but what EXPII is asking....is what is the 'threshold limit' on the number of targets the CTX can accurately see under the coil at one time. I would assume there has to be a limit at some point. Also, if the coil is not to be swept like a 'golf club'.....how slow a coil sweep does one have use in order for the Trace function to work properly? Does one need to be in a perpetual state of 'minlelab wiggle' when multiple targets are under the coil. To put it bluntly...does one have to detect at a crawl in trashy areas for Trace to work properly?
Also a question for Digger....is the audio response interpretation critical to Trace functioning on multiple target interpretatation.....or can Trace solely on its own give the user the correct dig/not dig info?

Thankyou TerraDigger - maybe my wording was too simple - an answer to the above from the experts would be welcome.

TerraDigger said:

I do not know what the limit might be for the number of targets that the CTX 3030 can "see" under the coil at one time. The picture I last posted had 4. The larger the coil,, the more you can see. I suppose there would reach a point that you couldn't see anymore because the trails would all start blending together with constant sweeping motion. Especially if they all had similar ferrous values (penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar etc) With that said, I guess I don't see the point of continuing to sweep instead of dig, if you already know there is a good one down there. Recover those that you are confident are "good" and rescan the area for straglers.

You do not have to sweep it like a golf club. Target Trace works "on the fly" as your normal sweep allows. If you are set on watching the screen, you'll see every target pass by. But not being one who is intent on watching the display, I'd prefer to "hunt by ear" and glance at the screen when I hear a target response that is within the audio pitch limits I've established in my detector. e.g. I typically ignore low tones programmed to highly ferrous targets. With that said, if you are not quick enough to follow the changing target trace as you continue to sweep, activate Target Trace Pinpoint and the trails will remain until you release the trigger. By Xing over the targets repeatedly, the trace will intensify proportional to the signal strength of the targets.

Target Trace is independent of audio. Target trace trails for each target are established on the ferrous and conductive "grid" of the Smartscreen. Ferrous is 1-35 top to bottom. And Conductive is 1-50, left to right. HH Randy

Gemini13 said:
http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/videos/516/target-trace-pin-point-trace-new-minelab-ctx-3030.html

It sees through coin while the larger iron object is about 1 inch above the coin(9:50 into the video), impressive.
I wonder if he used the Ferrous Coin setting, he would hear the audio of the coin with more consistency, as well as the image is this difficult situation?

I really , truly and deeply hope minelab and ALL other mfg of detectors are reading the posts, cause I cannot see how some of these guys are not already on payroll for one of them. Obviously guys like Bruce Candy could study under some of our armchair experts. Can we please just thank Digger and the others for all the time, dedication and commitment and maybe just maybe learn something! Just being able to truly "see" multiply targets even with the same recovery speed and same avg of id's, at least to my small simple mind is a god send. Cause now; it seems to me instead of just digging it to be safe, only to find my bent rusty nail; I may truly have another tool to help me decide. Or the iffy signal that is masked now gets dug most definitely because I CAN SEE SOMETHING GOOD and explore that further. With faster and faster technology showing up about daily I doubt nothing is improved . It is time to shut up and buy it, try it or wait to see what those of us who are buying it find. Please give the trash a rest. I think asking questions is great, it helps us learn but getting an answer that is the best a person can give, then to turn around and not only beat the dead horse but bury it, dig it up and beat it again is just plain nuts.

mtwolf2270 said:
I really , truly and deeply hope minelab and ALL other mfg of detectors are reading the posts, cause I cannot see how some of these guys are not already on payroll for one of them. Obviously guys like Bruce Candy could study under some of our armchair experts. Can we please just thank Digger and the others for all the time, dedication and commitment and maybe just maybe learn something! Just being able to truly "see" multiply targets even with the same recovery speed and same avg of id's, at least to my small simple mind is a god send. Cause now; it seems to me instead of just digging it to be safe, only to find my bent rusty nail; I may truly have another tool to help me decide. Or the iffy signal that is masked now gets dug most definitely because I CAN SEE SOMETHING GOOD and explore that further. With faster and faster technology showing up about daily I doubt nothing is improved . It is time to shut up and buy it, try it or wait to see what those of us who are buying it find. Please give the trash a rest. I think asking questions is great, it helps us learn but getting an answer that is the best a person can give, then to turn around and not only beat the dead horse but bury it, dig it up and beat it again is just plain nuts.

I like the bit about "Shutting up and buying it" its going to cost me 2 MONTHS wages to do that and that's without paying bills - The questions that have been asked by thinking detectorists have on the whole been answered to some degree - BUT they've skipped around an awful lot with superfluous responses - especially if its been tested by supposed GURUS!!!

OK, here's a thought, wait and see what the "non-gurus" have to say about the machine. If you want to give us your financial information, and let us know that it will take two months wages to buy the CTX, I will bite and say don't buy it. Pay the rent,feed the kids, wherever your responsibilties lie, a new detector should not be at the top of the list. Further, to come on the site and ask questions is fine, but to disparige good folks who on their own time AND DIME, take to time to enlighten us is BS. This is supposed to be fun, it's a hobby, if you can't keep it light and respectful, step off.

muttandjeeps said:
OK, here's a thought, wait and see what the "non-gurus" have to say about the machine. If you want to give us your financial information, and let us know that it will take two months wages to buy the CTX, I will bite and say don't buy it. Pay the rent,feed the kids, wherever your responsibilties lie, a new detector should not be at the top of the list. Further, to come on the site and ask questions is fine, but to disparige good folks who on their own time AND DIME, take to time to enlighten us is BS. This is supposed to be fun, it's a hobby, if you can't keep it light and respectful, step off.
Exactly, Now if youll excuse me i have to go to work so i can go make my minimum wages, starve my kids, beat my dog, kick my wife so i can buy myself a ctx3030 next week. Have a good day.

Well Expllnut if you cannot afford it why worry about it? As to what it can do as that is a mute point in your case. Like most everyone here I have family, a kid and work 2 jobs it comes a ponit when you just have to take a gamble. I agree if that gamble is to high risk for you then common senseshould tell you to be smart and do not buy it. My point was that everyone is an expert yet us " non-gurus"have yet to use this detector and yet some of them already know what it cannot be possible of doing what the GURUS are saying it does. Again ask all the questions you need too but I have to agree with muttandjeeps the rest is BS.