Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Illinois Ghost Towns

I would if it was closer, that is a long drive, but you are closer than I am Boyd. There was a lot of Union troop movement, camps and warship building in Cairo. A lot of interesting reading on Cairo during the Civil War, just google.

I do not think the people of Little Rock and Baker know they are Ghost town yet but I have found a lot of old coins at both locations plenty left have not hunted there in over 20 years.Gould Town would be good was a ghost town by 1880 Wild Bill would practice there before he became famous.

Anyone know of any ghost towns or really good places to hunt near Pekin/Peoria in Tazewell county? I heard there was a town S of Pekin on Towerline where it meets Townline. Nothing but farm fields now.

Cairo you say?
There is a Cairo here in Indiana right up the road
from Fincastle. Nothing there I'm afraid. Never was much
of a town. A couple old houses and a hardware store. Was
built in the mid to late 1800's.
Robt2300

Hi there! An Illinois guy here who just discovered this forum. I have a thing for ghost towns -- a shame I seemingly live in the wrong state!

It's a great list on here. Are there remnants still at any of these locales?? Are there groups that go exploring in this area?

I would love more information!