Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm a big fan of TTF, thanks to Goes4ever!

INVASCdigger

I've only had my new E-trac for about a week and have been reading, studying and trying my best to learn various settings. Thanks to advice that I received from the E-trac Classroom Forum, and in particular, Goes4ever, I was able to set up TTF and use it very successfully today. I had only a couple of hours to detect, so I returned to a favorite site of mine, an old fairgrounds that has been farmland for the past 120 years. A friend and I have detected the land on and off since 1982 using a variety of detectors through the years, and finding several Seated Liberty coins, including a Seated 20 cent piece, 2 Seated Halves and several Seated Quarters, dimes and half dimes, along with other coins of that era. Lately, though...finds have really slowed down due to the many years of detecting. But I've always been a believer in Quality...not Quantity, which is why I keep going "back to the well". The need to open up new depth opportunities is what prompted me to buy my E-trac. Today, using Goes4ever's TTF settings, I found 3 Shield Nickels, 2 Indian Head cents (one a very nice 1891 with green patina that looks like it was lost soon after being minted) and a very nice 1876 CC Seated Liberty Quarter. The E-trac is one fantastic machine, and we're lucky to have forums such as this that willingly help people learn a new machine. I'm sure that the learning curve was shortened considerably for me due to your advice, Goes4ever. Thank you!

Well written! Found an '91 IH last week as well with a full liberty. Would love to see a picture of your 20 cent piece, if you've still got it! Thanks for joining the club!

NebTrac

INVASCdigger said:
I've only had my new E-trac for about a week and have been reading, studying and trying my best to learn various settings. Thanks to advice that I received from the E-trac Classroom Forum, and in particular, Goes4ever, I was able to set up TTF and use it very successfully today. I had only a couple of hours to detect, so I returned to a favorite site of mine, an old fairgrounds that has been farmland for the past 120 years. A friend and I have detected the land on and off since 1982 using a variety of detectors through the years, and finding several Seated Liberty coins, including a Seated 20 cent piece, 2 Seated Halves and several Seated Quarters, dimes and half dimes, along with other coins of that era. Lately, though...finds have really slowed down due to the many years of detecting. But I've always been a believer in Quality...not Quantity, which is why I keep going "back to the well". The need to open up new depth opportunities is what prompted me to buy my E-trac. Today, using Goes4ever's TTF settings, I found 3 Shield Nickels, 2 Indian Head cents (one a very nice 1891 with green patina that looks like it was lost soon after being minted) and a very nice 1876 CC Seated Liberty Quarter. The E-trac is one fantastic machine, and we're lucky to have forums such as this that willingly help people learn a new machine. I'm sure that the learning curve was shortened considerably for me due to your advice, Goes4ever. Thank you!

Here are scans of the front and back to the 1876cc Quarter. The detail is beautiful...probably lost close to 1876. The discoloration is from the years in the ground at the farm field. I'd like to clean it until it shines, but sometimes it's best to leave it alone.

Awesome recovery! I am glad I was able to help you out! You can remove the staining from that coin without loosing the patina by using electolysis

Killer finds - congrats !

Yes, TTF is a great way to go in heavy iron - the slower you swing - the more you will find !

Good luck with your new E-Trac !

NebTrac said:
Well written! Found an '91 IH last week as well with a full liberty. Would love to see a picture of your 20 cent piece, if you've still got it! Thanks for joining the club!

NebTrac

Thank you, NebTrac! Here are the scans of the Twenty Cent piece that you wanted to see. Unfortunately, it has scratches from being in the ground and hit by farming equipment through the years, but I'm still very happy to have found it. HH!

That Twenty cent piece is really nice, thanks for posting the picture. I have never even heard of any being found, didnt know they even exsisted. Now look what you've done I have a new goal ! LOL

Nice finds!!

I just started hunting in TTF this past weekend (after owning my ETrac for almost four years) and feel like I have new life. One of our club members helped me set it up and we promptly found two Mercury dimes (one each) in an area that has been pounded with ETrac's, Safari's, XP DEUS, and other machines.

TTF is nice, you just have to keep a close eye on the display though. I have been spoiled by the multi tone conductive sounds where I didn't even have to think, just listen.

Enjoy your ETrac. It is a killer machine, especially on silver. My ETrac has found me 94 of the 109 silvers I have found this year (15 with my DEUS), and hopefully it will find me many more before the year is out.

HH and enjoy that fairground. I think we will be seeing more silver posted here that you have found there.

All right! Thanks for posting that beautiful 20 center. That is a coin I'd really like to unearth. I bought one a year or so ago, just so I had one in my mitts. Thanks again! Great and rare find. I actually hear of gold coins being found more often than that elusive beauty!

NebTrac

Beautiful quarter. Congrats on the find!. Nice feeling to go back to some old haunts and dig up more stuff.

Rich (Utah)

Congrats on the Seated Quarter find also finding a rare twenty center!:thumbup: HH