Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm an IDIOT...!!

fastdraw

It was my day off... and I drove 30 miles to detect a Marina. There are two pictures in this post. I found a Nice Silver earring,..!!! and a bunch of clad, and junk, that I took a picture of.

After I got home,... I cannot find the one silver earring I detected. It's probably only worth 3 bucks, but it PISSES me off to no end...!!

Attachments

• Message_1616703397829.jpg
    Message_1616703397829.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 20210325_190845.jpg
    20210325_190845.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 129
It was my day off... and I drove 30 miles to detect a Marina. There are two pictures in this post. I found a Nice Silver earring,..!!! and a bunch of clad, and junk, that I took a picture of.

After I got home,... I cannot find the one silver earring I detected. It's probably only worth 3 bucks, but it PISSES me off to no end...!!

Sorry, but it might show up yet, unexpectly, where it fell or hid itself from view! No need to beat youself up over it, as I am sure we have all done the same. I know I have when I was able to go detecting! How about it, folks, do you have some woeful tales about finding something that others lost that made your MD'ING Day & then lost it, too??! Remember the old saying, Finders keepers; losers weepers--Well this happens sometimes both ways in the same day! Cheer up & be blessed when out TREASURE HUNTING, again! Ma

Chill out fastdraw something better is coming your way :thumbup:

Attachments

• big treasure.jpg
    big treasure.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 114
  • digger.jpg
    digger.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 117
  • dirt fishing.jpg
    dirt fishing.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 114
  • meta whisper.jpg
    meta whisper.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 107
  • metal boots.jpg
    metal boots.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 119
  • metal det find.jpg
    metal det find.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 130
  • detector hunter.jpg
    detector hunter.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 124
I feel your pain.

I was hunting in the rain once, and found a nice/deep 2 cent piece.
I thought I put it in the finds bag, but when I got home, it wasn't there.

Later I noticed the tendency of my gloves hold mud when wet.
Then, when I would try to put a muddy coin in the pouch, it would stick to my muddy thumb instead of falling down into the bag.
(And, of course, fall randomly onto the ground.)

I often wonder what the guy thought.....who found a muddy 2-cent piece on top of the ground.
:)
mike

Yup... mud on the glove got me like that once too, but it was an Indian Head cent... never did find that thing, even after retracing my steps.

After that, I changed to a coin holder that has a cover (an older plastic paintball ammo can), so I have to see the coin go in before I re-close the cover.

onemore,
I ended up doing something similar. I've got a plastic container my wife game me (I've no idea what it was originally for, lol.).
It's got cotton balls stuffed in it, and a clear window.

It's always in my velcro'd shirt pocket, and it's just for 'goodies'.
I put all the silver and jewelry keepers in it, now....and haven't had a problem since.

Don't feel bad. Years ago a buddy and I were relic hunting and were in an area where we were finding some lead bullets and other artifacts. My buddy signaled me over excited, so I figured he had found something good. He did. It was a perfectly minnie' ball pounded flat and carved into a letter C. We figured this must have been an Infantryman's Company letter. We always carry an old fired bullet with us to use as a test bullet if needed. Know where this is going? A little while later I see my buddy who had moved down hill and into an area next to a creek that was populated with cane and grass. I could tell my buddy was upset and I pulled my headphones off to hear a few choice words. He was swinging his detector coil sort of wild back and forth. I went to see what the problem was and he said he lost his carved bullet. He said he went to test his detector and used the carved bullet. No, I said, not the carved bullet. Yep. He lost the carved bullet in the grass and mud. We were never able to find the carved bullet again.

I'm still mourning the loss of a near mint soaring eagle penny I found some years ago. I was using my Whites XLT around an old homestead foundation when I found it. Put it in my finds pouch/apron , then later discovered a hole in the pouch. I refound the coin around where I was detecting. Fast forward a few years , my stupidity, I had it wrapped up in a tissue paper and it may have inadvertently gotten tossed out when I got a new dresser. Needless to say I am not as careless with finds anymore. That was 10-15 years ago. I try to remind myself that " I think it wasn't the rarer key dated penny " But I know better. Good and bad memories of that coin.. Great.. I think I may need therapy now ... LOL

Lost a whole container of finds from a nice old homesite where I had dug batwing buckles and spanish silver. I spent more hours looking for that container than I had detecting the site. Years later and that still stings...