Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm down and out after my morning hunt.

JimmyCT

Went about my morning hunt and found a few keepers. About 2 hours into my hunt I placed my detector down to dig a plug. When I was done in locating my coin, I slide my arm back through the cuff area, picked up my detector and cuff area is broken. o_O I wish I had a backup machine as I was planning on a four day hunting binge. :ROFLMAO:.
cuff - Copy.jpg
coins - Copy.jpg

earthlypotluck -- if you need a quick fix, I believe there is a PVC pipe with outer diameter very similar to the inside size of the cuff. Get some JB-Weld "Plasticweld Syringe" epoxy, cut the PCV pipe into a section that will fit inside your broken cuff, and then epoxy the PVC to the inside of the cuff. That should get you up and running, until you can get a replacement cuff...

Steve

50ACB43B-EF03-4976-BF88-94A5FA9DD487.jpeg
6788FB2C-7A7B-4537-B4DC-8ACC8A0FEFF2.jpeg
Nice finds Mine had hairline crack where the screw goes in but I was prepared I had ordered a metal one with a Anderson Velcro strap best upgrade!
Mark

Last edited:
Steve, thanks for the quick fix idea - Jim

earthlypotluck -- if you need a quick fix, I believe there is a PVC pipe with outer diameter very similar to the inside size of the cuff. Get some JB-Weld "Plasticweld Syringe" epoxy, cut the PCV pipe into a section that will fit inside your broken cuff, and then epoxy the PVC to the inside of the cuff. That should get you up and running, until you can get a replacement cuff...

Steve

On the big auction site I believe $29.00 there’s a new one different style that ones like $50.00

Thanks Mark. I'm checking them out right now.

On the big auction site I believe $29.00 there’s a new one different style that ones like $50.00

That totally SUCKS! I, too, learned the hard way to always have a backup machine ready at my disposal because more than a few times either the battery didn't charge fully, something goes wrong w the earphones/headphones, etc and it is bound to happen at the worse possible time - like when my battery died on my Excal II after I walked down the beach 3 miles! Same goes for Pointers; always have a back up.

picked one up on the big auction site and I temporarily fixed my old arm cuff this evening. It’s not pretty but It is solid.

That’s why I went to the steel one sold on eBay for about $25 and it also helps as a counterweight.
Doug

I have never been been able to use the strap on any detectors..... probably keep me from braking many of those arm housings . Just a thought. Tony

Glad to hear you got it taken care of, Jim! If I would have known you were possibly in the market for a metal one, I'd have let you know that I do sell Jeff Herke arm cuffs (black powder-coated aluminum). But, sounds like you are all set, and "back in the saddle!"

Steve

I have never been been able to use the strap on any detectors..... probably keep me from braking many of those arm housings . Just a thought. Tony
Me either until I bought one from Anderson his straps are wide and cinch instead of Velcro and only $4.00
EE3686C5-78A8-4DBD-9526-2A25EA79607D.png

Just do Like I did and buyh the metal one off the Minelab X-Terra 705.

Cost me £18 brand new.

Sorted

Matt

I have the metal arm rest from ebay. At first I didn’t like it but it grew on me and now I like it.
Doug