Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm sick of the negativity about forums !

The Bible will give you better rewards than a metal detector, though both are great. The Bible can lead you to the greatest treasure Jesus Christ and Eternal Life. The Bible can give you enjoyment and rewards on days you are not able to get out with your metal detector.

You mean there are other forums besides this one. Lol Just kidding. There are very informative and knowledgeable people on this site. I’ve save time and money on different machines and accessories by asking questions. They know what works and doesn’t work.

Great post, and so true.

There are two sides to the argument......some advice on forums is utter rubbish lol.......it's not always good to accept everything you read as accurate,a lot of so called experts are biased to say the least.

Great points I've learned so much on these forums I used to detect 35 40 years ago with my and I got back into it 3 years ago I love it.

Forums certainly aren't what they were even 5 years ago. People can post what they wish and I can't fault them, but over-saturation of machine related topics seems to have had a negative effect on participation.
I'm not too familiar with this forum but have lots of experience on and off other forums. Failure by authority to keep more of a diverse subject matter on some forums is the main reason for decline in participation and the decline in various aspects of treasure hunting being presented.
Covering other areas of treasure hunting can bring more drama to a forum. When authority caters to the snowflakes and name-callers to keep the peace the forum suffers.

I've been on here for many years. And I have seen the change but most are good people, just keep on being you HHHank

I've been on here for many years. And I have seen the change but most are good people, just keep on being you HHHank

I tend to agree to your points. However, I think the negativity about forums as seen by some is well founded. What someone brings to the forum will determine whether or not you will be allowed to remain as " being you " as you put it.
Don't get me wrong as I understand that those in authority of a forum have a right to run it as they wish and I am just commenting on the results of their actions.

If you've been following the Dents Run issue on social media you can see how a story about a treasure ( that there is no proof or documentation that it ever existed ) can bring much negativity to a forum. What was common practice to have proof of finding a treasure when making a claim that one was found , that practice was abandoned and the forum was used, with the help of authority there, to try to profit from a treasure story as opposed to profiting from an actual treasure. This is an example of the negativity some see and that gives some a negative view of that forum and may give them a negative view of forums in general.

The negativity could be overcome by allowing equal counterpoints to those trying to profit from the scheme, but the forum is a business and I think they feel in the long run they will make more money through the scheme than they would from any positive activity.

For me, the forums are like the newspapers used to be. With one exception, no ink on my hands.

Last edited:
Great post Kemper as always. I've never considered you to be a troll. One of the great honest posters that are good for forums. I use your avatar proudly.

Thought it was you!!