Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'm Starting To Detect Again..:detecting:...After a year of a fibromyalgia flareup..

captn_se

Hello Everyone!!

Gosh, it's been so long (over a year) since I was last able to swing my Explorer. Last July, I had my third bad fibro flareup.... :stars: :thumbdown: It's so crippling both mentally and physically....a living Hell!! The good news is that the flareup is starting to fade away, and I'm able to feel more human again. My body is finally starting to accept a little more activity without too much repercussions. At the peak of my flareup, a simple walk, or climbing a couple of stairs, taking a shower , or driving was very difficult. Actually, I had to think about everything I did....there were always negative consequences for every move/action. Months later, I was happy to just be able to walk the length of my local pier. I couldn't carry/lift anything over a few pounds, so most activities I enjoyed were unattainable. I never gave up hope, because I knew from past experience that this would slowly fade....very slowly, unfortunately. My body is left in a weakened, atrophied state (over 30 lbs since last year), but you wouldn't hardly know it by just looking at me....everybody says I look fine...I don't look sick....well, that's classic Fibro... :wacko: Everything inside me was going completely haywire! Recovery is like losing a couple pounds of body weight every month....you can hardly notice the progression. I have accepted that this will probably be with me my whole life, but I just can't accept a life where all I can do is sit at home and read a book or watch TV. I have to get out and be active.....so as my body has started to feel better, I'm incorporating some of the hobbies I thoroughly enjoy. And it sure does give me a mental boost to be able to just swing my detector again.....I'm starting slowly, staying local for a while in hopes that I will get the strength and stamina I had a few years back.. :jump: I know, we can't do anything about "Father Time", but I can sure feel as if the clock is turning backwards with each passing day now! :wiggle:

I want to personally thank everyone for their prayers, well wishes, texts, and phone calls. All of you have helped me get through a very unsettling year, and you mean a whole lot more to me than any words on a post could express. Thanks again guys!!

Okay, guys, here's some pics from a few short hunts....all from the same local park. It's been about 3 years since I last hunted this park, and I didn't know if it was worth detecting again, but I just wanted to swing my machine anywhere so I could hope to hear another one of those deep, fluty, high-pitched whisper signals..... :detecting: Sure enough, there were, and also plenty of deep Iron... Wanting to limit the number of 7-9" plugs, I had to make sure I had a deep coin signal, and try not to chase any deep iron. Well, my first two deep targets I dug were iron. :rage::stars: After that, I don't think I chased another piece of iron, and a lot of my coins were very near iron targets. It probably wasn't the best park for me to start detecting at, but I tried to make the best of it. On my last hunt last week,I ended up with 3 silver dimes and 2 sterling rings, and a couple of wheats. It really felt good to be out there again even though I felt some pain and fatigue, but less than I did on my first hunt the week before last, so there's a definite improvement, and I'm very ecstatic for that!!

Happy Hunting To All!!
Keep The Passion High!

CAPTN "SE"
Dan

"deep, fluty, high-pitched whisper signals" you love... that I refer to as "warbles":cheers:

It's amazing what those sweet sounds can do to lift one's spirits:thumbup:

Congrats on the great finds but even a bigger congrats on the peace, happiness...and sheer joy I know it brought you to just be "swingin' the coil" again:clapping:

I hope the flare-ups lessen...and that your body allows you to participate more often in the hobby you love.

THANK YOU for your input...advice....kudos...etc...and all the participation on the forum even when you weren't able to hunt.

It speaks volumes about you:thumbup: :angel:

You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers Dan.:angel:

Glad to hear that you are getting better Dan and finally able to get out and start swinging your detector again. I can only imagine how painful it is as I have a older sister that is going through that fibromyalgia crap and she tells me how painful it can be at times. Best of luck to you and hope you continue to get better and get out more often now. Nice finds by the way:clapping: and HH.

Eddie

So happy to hear that you are able to get back out & do some detecting Dan.----I told you some time back that there were targets out there waiting with "your name on 'em"---and you're proveing it! :)-----We're all "family" here & it's great to hear that one of our family members is back out swinging.---------God Bless, Del

Wow.Nice finds...............see you haven't lost the touch.. as far as finding the good stuff.

May you continue to improve in the health department............... Welcome back fine Sir !!

Dan,
It's great that you are feelling better. I hope and pray that it goes away completely and never returns. Great to see that you had a very good hunt. Hope to see many more. HH and Best of Luck!

Welcome back. Your finds indicate you still have it. It sure is good to see the Capt posting again.

Very nice finds,So very glad to see you back out detecting.
Even though your better we will keep the prayers and wishes going for ya.
Best of luck and god bless.
LabradorBob

Good to hear you are feeling better and are out dirt fishing again. It's good physical and mental therapy. You certainly haven't missed a beat and are making some terrific finds. Way to go and HH!

Dan, you got quite a reputation as a turf explorer pro. there in Southern CA. So I'm glad to see you're back out "defending your heavyweight title"! Seems you could and can pull a merc. from 8 or 9", even when it's completely surrounded with tabs and nails. You somehow managed to squeek them out :) Keep it up! :)

Welcome back CaptnSE. I wish you a speedy recovery with what you're dealing with.
Nice finds too.

Your knowledgeable posts are a great asset to the forums and I hope you continue to improve ,your health that is:thumbup: Those old deep silver coins are at a distinct disadvantage already without you skills improving:devil:

Welcome HOME Dan!!! :clapping:
It's really good to read your posts again and see
that you have not lost your silver touch after a year
of recovering from the Fibromyalgia problem. Keep
getting stronger and swinging that coil. HH
Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Hope the healing process is full speed ahead (without any setbacks) for you and congrats on the finds. After a years worth of not hunting due to your ailment, your doing great! Look forward in your next postings and take it in baby steps if you have too. Good Luck and HH to you and Welcome Back!