Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Im wondering if theres some different e-tracs floating around

Keith Southern

I'm seeing so much different views of this machine its sort of alarming to me.like air test depth.some people are saying they are not seeing much depth.

Heres what I'm seeing on mine . I can get a hit on a penny at 19.5 inches measured.I'm 6'1"tall and with the pole extended out to a comfortable sweep length I can here a penny above the coil at the cam lock and that measures 19.5 on my unit.( wide open all metal 30 sens).one thing on this or any type explorer do'nt block out anything because the target will be way off on audio and target I.d and will hit any where. especially extreme depth non ferrous items like to sneak down into the nail target areas.

albeit its not a blow your ear signal but its enough of a blurpy type signal that I dig out in the field with the older explorers .

I have yet to dig a signal that deep but I've dug a couple on 3 ringers that were in the lower teens and sounded pretty decent not at the max audio response depth.

Post up some depth reports.

Keith

Previous post with my quick depth test,Ray. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,817422,817526#msg-817526

turn out to be iron.. havent found an iffy sounding target yet any good, and nothing over 6 or 7 inches deep any good.. the good targets so far have hit pretty solid, hard to pass up on those ones that sound iffy that were generally good with an explorer
wierd thing is I am getting rusty iron coming in in the 34 35 conductive range, and nails in the 40-44 conductive range... not sure how they think the new FE screen is an improvement.. on the explorer iron stayed left, or read far right but down away from the coin area. now maybe something is wrong with mine, but I am finding things, its not turning itself off or anything.. one of these days I will be able to get with some folks to compare.. probably not till next year though..

The one my Dealer has can hit a penny out that far too. I didn't feel the one I had was nearly that hot. But it wasn't bad. I will have to see how my new one does when it arrives later this week. I am hoping that my new one will be the equal of the one you have and the one my dealer has.

HH

Beachcomber

Just went to my park close to home, i live in the bronx so i had to get away from the power lines,houses etc. Wide open i get the same thing as you. A penny at the camlock.

Did you see the thread with this post? It is my '"air test" readings, there are some others in the thread. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,817422,817633#msg-817633

I'd really like to meet you and hunt one day. I'm sure I could learn something. Let me know if you ever want to go. I hunt aroung Kingston, Cassville, and Cartersville a lot but I also get down to Cobb when I can. I have not dug anything over about 8" but that could be because I have not swung over anything deep. Most places I run auto+3 because it usually runs over 20. If it is low I will use manual but I have seen times when I think I lose depth and definitely lose stability in manual.

I think you said that you use an open screen with the ET. I hope this is not a mis-quote, if it is please correct me someone... Andy said in an early post that the E-TRAC loses it's ability to ignore iron and lock on to good targets if you use no disc. I hesitate to use the term "see through" because someone might get their panties in a wad over it but that is what some people call it.

I really am liking mine. I'd love to get together and compare our ETs air test capabilities and maybe hunt a bit. I don't believe I can hit a penny at 19". If your can and mine can't I may send mine in for tweaking...

Julien

Yes we need to get together one day and hunt compare.. As far as the open screen masking non ferrous targets next to ferrous targets because of iron signal saturation???? to many variables there to get into.but i know i see a target laying in nails with the all metal and a slow sweep speed.

I believe the manual talks about this in the trash density setting low or high but it only works when using disc. and it does mention when it set to low if iron is closer to the coil than non iron it will lock on to the iron canceling the non iron target. but it dose not work in all metal the density setting is not employed.

I'm running the fast recovery on so it might help.But I havent hunted alot of iron trash yet so who knows..Im just digging minnie balls in wide open fields right now so it may be true once I get some in ground targets. Then it might be just as simple as blacking out the ferrous 32 line ??? and keeping an open pattern everywhere else.??

I for one don't look for depth when in an iron littered area so maybe a pattern will be more beneficial ?

Keith Southern

More than the detectors internals? maybe who knows.Hope it works out.

Keith

I was skeptical about posting my air test depth but I said heck I know what I'm seeing so let the games.Ha -Ha.

Hope you have lots of luck with it sounds like a sweet one.

Keith

Just the good hits and there pretty deep minnie balls in some funky bad ground . Might just be a whole new language we have to learn like the first explorer.Hang in there Jim

Keith

12" is about max for an intermittent chirp for a penny... Wide open at 30 with a stable threshold.... :(