Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Indian head cents # 991 and 992. Count down to 1,000

Ed (Upstate NY)

Dug two Indian head cents today ( 1883 & 1908 ) to bring my total dug over 32 years to 992. I've dug every coin in the series except the key date 1877 and the 1908 and 1909 San Francisco minted coins. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself and I'll get those last 8 coins to hit 1000.

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_170811362_2.jpg
    IMG_20200407_170811362_2.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 146
That is an incredible amount of Indian head pennies..I’ve probably dug less than a hundred of them in my career but I did find an 1877 and still have it.. as a matter of fact I’ve probably dug a relatively equal number of large cents ... never get tired of finding them though... congrats..

You are definitely more organized the I am. I just keep then in a coffee can. Still looking for the key dates as well.
HH Jeff

You got my respect ! The oldest of my 3 Indian Heads was found laying on top of a freshly mulched play ground. Figure that ?

Nice Job man Indians are rare here in Ct I dig 30 silvers to one indian but not complaining I dug a 1905 Monday!
Mark

Dug two Indian head cents today ( 1883 & 1908 ) to bring my total dug over 32 years to 992. I've dug every coin in the series except the key date 1877 and the 1908 and 1909 San Francisco minted coins. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself and I'll get those last 8 coins to hit 1000.
Incredible feat!

I don't know who would even attempt to beat that record. Great job!!

Congrats on the Indian's - good luck on breaking 1000 !

Great job Ed! Don't think I have that many, but definitely in the hundreds. I'll have to count them sometime. Most of mine were found with the Explorer XS.

Wow, thats pretty good. An average of 31 per year, and the season is just starting. That would be nice if you can find the coveted 1877. Were they easier to find back in the day?