Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

INDIANS & RINGS

TheLastResort

Hello Everyone!
I normally don't post much here, but thought I'd post a couple of photos of some recent finds. I haven't been out much this year so my finds have been few and far between. However, with that being said, I have found several nice finds the past few times I've been out. So, here it goes. A few weeks back I found both the 1899 and 1904 Indians by an old train depot. The 1899 was about 4 inches deep and the 1904 was partially sticking out of the ground. I would have never seen it without the detector.

Next while searching at an old Victorian home that I had permission at I found the silver Nike ring. It was about 4 inches deep. Funny thing about that house. I couldn't find any old coins. The oldest was a 1920 wheat cent. I found tons of clad stuff but nothing old???

Then in a small park not too far from the train depot, I was walking along and got a good signal at 8 inches that said it was a quarter. I was hoping for a silver quarter but when I dug down out popped the silver band with the turquoise in it. It's a large ring and weighs 7.5 grams. When I rechecked the hole there was still another signal and so upon digging a bit more out comes the large silver ring with the eagle on the sides and the malachite stone. I couldn't believe both those rings came out of the same hole. The eagle ring is huge and weighs 19.2 grams. Too bad the stone is cracked. Still a great ring.

And last, I got out yesterday for a bit at a small park/playground in the town I live in. I've only recently moved so I haven't had a chance to check the place out yet. I found $3.03 in change and a 1957-D wheat cent. I did however find two more sterling silver rings. The first one I found was the ring with the oval, blue colored stone. It was 5 inches deep. Shortly after that, to my surprise, I dug the silver ring with the small cut-out heart. I also found (not pictured) a neat locket with a digital watch inside. Watch doesn't work.

So, that's what I've found that's worthy of posting. Not too many old coins, but I'm real pleased with 5 sterling silver rings over the past few outings. Hope you enjoy the photos and thanks for reading.

Cheers!
The Last Resort

Great finds - congrats !

Boy, You did good for only being out a few times. I do like the rings. Been a long time since I have found an Indian. Liked the pictures... KEN

All excellent finds!:thumbup: Congratulations!

A very good day of hunting...lots of very nice keepers. Maybe the
ground had been replaced with new fill dirt at the old house-site?
Have run across several of these sites here in past hunts....the
owners "forget" to mention that when they give permission.

I suspect you may be right. I think maybe fill dirt has been brought in at some time or maybe there was some construction/landscaping done. I have permission to go whenever I want, so I'll keep trying. It's a fairly large yard and I have a bit more to grid.

Very nice rings! Nice pictures too!