Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Initial thoughts on the excelerator 4.5x7 coil

~ACE~

Well, I've had the 4.5x7 on for almost a week now. It's not enough time to post a review, but I feel it is enough time to post my initial thoughts. Yep, it gets into tight spots. It picked a Silver dime out of a yard that is infested with square nails. The stock coil missed it repeatedly. Now, for depth....maybe the coil just didn't get over any deep targets, but everything was 3"-4" or less. Was using ttf with open screen and manual 28. I hope this is not the best this coil can do! Starting to get worried, but I'll give it more time.

Pretty easy to bury a coin at 6" and see if you can pick it up. Obviously the ground will affect your depth regardless of the coil. One thing I noticed is the VDI will get skewed from the "norm" as the channel you are detecting in increases. Do an air test with a quarter and see where it starts going up from 12-46 and try to remember to set your channel to below that after noise canceling if necessary. The tones stay the same but if you run any disc in the 49 or 50 conductive range , you could miss a good target. I try to stay channel 4 or below. I have gotten 3 and 4" in dirt where the recommended sensitivity is 3 in auto +3 . I usually run manual at 15 in that type of dirt.

I think it's the best trash picking coil going for the etrac.

Well ACE......... Its time to start building an arsenal of coils for that E-Trac !!!! You will find that each coil has its strong points in certain ground and hunting conditions. Besides the original Pro coil, I like all the Sun Ray coils - X5, X8 and X12. Then we got the SEF coils - 6x8, 10x12, and 12x15. Then I put each coil on its own lower shaft for quick and easy change out with the X1 probe on the upper shaft ......and now your talking - walking and digging.:detecting: Remember this can be an addiction with this hobby....... but it is fun !!

roadapple said:
Well ACE......... Its time to start building an arsenal of coils for that E-Trac !!!! You will find that each coil has its strong points in certain ground and hunting conditions. Besides the original Pro coil, I like all the Sun Ray coils - X5, X8 and X12. Then we got the SEF coils - 6x8, 10x12, and 12x15. Then I put each coil on its own lower shaft for quick and easy change out with the X1 probe on the upper shaft ......and now your talking - walking and digging.:detecting: Remember this can be an addiction with this hobby....... but it is fun !!

I only have six coils and three rods ----a slacker!!

I have the x-5. Iove it. It can hit coins at 8 inches. Found a SLQ at 7 inches 2 weeks ago. I want to know if the x-8 or x-12 would be a great next coil? Or shoud I get the 13 ultimate? Really need some good Advice. I have the stock coil 11 and the x-5. Want to go deeper than the stock coil.

I gave this little coil a short workout yesterday in an 8'x8' nail yard. Literally iron every inch! The stock coil couldn't pick up anything else in that area. I got half a dozen colonial coppers out of there with the stock coil last year, but nothing this year. I have to say, I'm impressed with this little coil now! Pulled three flat buttons and an 1815 British half penny out of there. It was in the side of the plug at a measured 5". Gotta keep the sensitivity pretty much cranked, but it's surprisingly stable.

Yes, you will be able to hit 6" + Dimes with your 4.5" x 7" coil without any problem.
As I posted before - it won't hit as deep as the 6" EQ2 ( coil width determines depth ) but as you have seen for yourself - it's the best at getting into tight spots.

Good Hunting !